Personal Firewall turned off in Verizon Internet Security Suite?
SydneyCarton
Enthusiast - Level 1

We kept getting messages that Personal Firewall was turned off; when we went to the home page to turn it on, it would stay on for an instant then turn off again.  A tech support analyst in a chat/screen control session uninstalled VISS, then attempted to reinstall it.  It will not reinstall because when the installer eventually checks the computer for incompatible software, we keep getting the message that security programs should be removed.  No one can find any such programs to remove in the list of programs; we have not downloaded any such.  VISS has worked fine on this computer for more than 1 year.   I tried a system restore to an earlier point, and VISS was present, but then NEITHER Personal Firewall NOR Real-Time Scanning would stay turned on.  About eight hours and four or five tech reps later, I am without any virus or malware  protection at all.  Eventually they told me to call McAfee, who refused to help me.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: Personal Firewall turned off in Verizon Internet Security Suite?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What programs does the installer list are currently installed? Have you also tried running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool to see if that helps clear up any install issues you're having?

0 Likes
pghlangfords1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the exact same problem and it's driving us nuts!  I tried to Chat with a Verizon rep and after waiting 7 minutes for a rep the internet shut down!!

0 Likes
Re: With installation of Windows 8 Pro
FAFlash

Yes! I must say that I have been a McAfee customer for the past 15 to 20 years. And never had a problem with any of the products until I start using McAfee by Verizon. And just recently, after downloading Windows 8 Pro on my computer; only had it for the past 3 months, waiting for Windows 8 to be release; I have the same problems you mention. Now, what I have detected and I am sure the problem is: Windows 8 Pro is running in 64 bit program form verses Windows 7 Ultra (which I upgraded from) is running on 32 bit format. Therefore, it's the cause of may problem; I believe. The fact of the matter is, no one has address this issue. That's why I am here now, seeking to get help from the support tech, if I can. Thought I would stop by, to see if anyone was having the same issues as myself. Wish you luck!!! Had bad experience in the past, about to drop them by the curve.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
mandi731
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please post the solution publicly. I am having the same issue, and it is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks.

rmullinax
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this some problem.  Most of the time is is intermittent, but now it has been going on for 2 hours.  No one with whom I have spoke with at Verizon knows what to do about it.

svd1

Robot FrustratedHOW ABOUT POSTING A SOLUTION !?!Smiley Mad

0 Likes
angeleyes16211

Ever sincce i did an update on the computer my firewall keeps powering off. I am hoping verizon/macfee has fixed this issue. I shouldnt have to cancel my verizon suite and pay for something that isnt even working. I am hoping someone could help me with this dilemma? There is a button to always keep the firewall off, why not a button to always keep it on??? So a little help please

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What update was installed if any? Did you go from something like Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10, where this problem began?

May want to do a clean uninstall of the McAfee Suite and re-install it. See this McAfee Article on how to fully remove the suite. This is important to follow if you upgraded to Windows 10: https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS101331