Poor Signal Now
Lildee4567

Why do I have a poor signal now when playing video games. I didnt have it a few weeks ago but now my game keeps lagging and it shows the signal is POOR. This is really making me mad and I'm ready to go back to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Signal Now
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are we talking about poor Wirelesss signal or the crappy representation of connection quality by in-game bars?

How are speed tests from a computer? Any improvements during the morning versus the evening?

0 Likes
Lildee4567

The crappy representation of connection quality by in-game bars. I just tried to play again and I have 1 to 2 bars but a few weeks ago, months ago my gaming was great. Im over this and starting to get really mad.

Speed test from my computer is great and no improvements seeing as I was just playing and i only have 1 bar. Im about to call Comcast now.

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

I'm not sure how calling Comcast will solve your problem, since it sounds like your problem is with your router, not Verizon itself.

Even though your game shows "poor" connection quality, are you still able to play properly?  'Signal bars' on phones, games, PCs, etc. are totally subjective and usually are not indicative of signal strength or quality.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Understood. Do you see problems with all games or is it only with specific games? Is your console wired into the router?

0 Likes