Port Forwarding - DSL-2750B router
golfh2o

Anyone know how to set port forwarding on the Verizon D-Link DSL-2750B router?  The menu is very different from the other modem/routers.

0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding - DSL-2750B router
george128
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the D-Link DSL-2750B a Verizon-supplied router?  Here is a link to a Verizon page where you can download user guides, but I do not see your router listed:  http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/internet/highspeed/networking/user+guides/user+guides.h...

(I have the Westell 7500, and the user guide is a very useful 186 pages, .pdf format)  I suggest that you explore this site:

http://portforward.com/    The 2750B is not listed, but there is a 2740B.  Might be similar.  Good Luck.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@george128 wrote:

Is the D-Link DSL-2750B a Verizon-supplied router?  Here is a link to a Verizon page where you can download user guides, but I do not see your router listed:  http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/internet/highspeed/networking/user+guides/user+guides.h...

Psst, try

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Broadband/dsl2750B/Manual/DSL-2750B_Manual.pdf

---

To OP...

#1 Go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#2 In the same paragraph as

There is no standard governing the format of these machine names, so this is not something we can automatically determine for you

is an IP Address.

#3 Record down that IP Address.

#4 In the router go to System -> Monitor -> Network.

#5 In there, make sure that one of the IP Address(es) in there is the same IP Address that you recorded at step 3.

#6 In the router go to System -> Universal Plug and Play (UPnP™)

#7 If you do not have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off UPnP in the router.

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#8 If you have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use: Do only use one at a time OR are there times when at least two are on?

#9 If you have at least two computers but you don't know if you have at least two special computers that
support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use, describe your network to me including the brand and model of the device(s) from your modem combo (Zyxel P-2602HWT-F1) inwards (away from the Internet).

Note - by brand and model: This assumes that you did not build your own equipment...

For example, there are people who buy the parts for their computer(s) and then build their computer(s).

More info is online about what parts to buy and how to assemble a computer, if you don't want to buy a computer.

That info could be found with Google (or your favorite search engine) with the search for build own computer.

Without anymore delay: Describing my network from my modem combo inward (away from the Internet). :)

#1 My Westell 6100F, dsl modem combo, only has one RJ-45 LAN port to it.

#2 Connected to it, is a wire.

#3 The other end of that wire is connected to the uplink port of my Dynex DX-EHB4 ver 3.0

#4 No other wires, other than a power supply line and a phone line are connected to the my Westell 6100F.

#5 My Dynex DX-EHB4 ver 3.0 has five ethernet ports (one of them is the uplink port).

#6 Connected to one of my Dynex DX-EHB4 ver 3.0 other RJ-45 ports (but not the port next to the uplink port) is other ethernet wire.

#7 That other ethernet wire connects to my Linksys WRT54G v2's WAN/Internet (or To Modem) port.

#8 No other wires, other than a power supply line is connected to the my Dynex DX-EHB4 ver 3.0

#9 My Linksys WRT54G v2 has five ethernet ports (one is the WAN/Internet/To Modem Port).

#10 Connected to the RJ-45 LAN port number one of my Linksys WRT54G v2 is a wire that goes to my Dynex DX-E402's RJ-45 LAN port number four.

#11 My Dynex DX-E402 has five ethernet ports (one is the WAN/Internet/To Modem Port).

#12 The WAN/Internet (or To Modem) port of my Dynex DX-E402 has a wire connected to it, but there is nothing else connected at the other end of that wire.

#13 Connected to my Dynex DX-E402's RJ-45 LAN port number one is my computer.

#14 My computer is a HP Pavilion 6746C-L

#15 No other wires, other than a power supply line is connected to the my Dynex DX-E40.

#16 Connected to the RJ-45 LAN port number two, three, and four of my Linksys WRT54G v2 are ethernet wire(s) that all go to a wall jack.

#17 LAN port number four of Linksys WRT54G v2, in turn goes to the computer that is down stairs and nothing else is on that wire.

Simply stated (OR in other words) : If I were to go down stairs and disconnect the wire that is connected to the computer, the light for LAN port number four of my Linksys WRT54G v2 would go off.

#18 That computer is a Dell Dimenson 4700.

#19 LAN port number three of Linksys WRT54G v2, in turn goes to the computer that is in my dad's office area and nothing else is on that wire.

#20 That computer is a Dell Inspiron M5010.

#21 LAN port number two of Linksys WRT54G v2, in turn goes to the computer that is in my mom's bedroom/office area and nothing else is on that wire.

#22 That computer is a Dell Dimenson 3000.

#23 No other wires, other than a power supply line is connected to the my Linksys WRT54G v2.

#24 Wireless in this Linksys WRT54G v2 of mine, is set to disabled.

^^^^

briankous
0 Likes