Port Forwarding Help
digitizemee

I recently bought a Playstation 3 and after trying to connect to the internet wirelessly for hours after unboxing, it will not let me connect. I've followed all the steps on the specific Verizon support page on connecting the PS3 wirelessly, but it will not even receive an automatic IP address when trying to connect.

I then tried to Port Forward the PS3 on the page for my router, a Verizon-issued Actiontec GT704WGB gateway, by following all of the steps on the port forwarding page, but I realized that on the last step where you are supposed to select a PC to forward the ports to, that my PS3 is not under the available PC's that I can forward to. And even after I searched, it surprisingly doesn't let me enter the PS3's Static IP manually on the page (unless I can do this on another page.)

And even though I followed the steps on creating a Static IP for the PS3, I do not know how to make that particular IP appear under the applicable PC's to forward the ports to or where in the Modems Browser page am I supposed to enter the IP Address manually.

So my question is, how can I enter the PS3's static IP address in my particular gateway's browser page so that I can then port forward/DMZ the PS3?

Any help is appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding Help
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@digitizemee wrote:

I recently bought a Playstation 3 and after trying to connect to the internet wirelessly for hours after unboxing, it will not let me connect. I've followed all the steps on the specific Verizon support page on connecting the PS3 wirelessly, but it will not even receive an automatic IP address when trying to connect.

Don't pass go and don't collect 200 dollars.

Let us solve that issue first.

#1 In the router go to Wireless Setup OR Wireless Settings.

#2 Then go to Wireless Status.

#3 If the wireles is not enabled, enable it at Basic Security Settings OR Basic Settings

#4 If enabled, record down the SSID/ESSID as you will need it.

#5 If WEP is on, record down the key as you will need it.

#6 If the router is not set to broadcast the SSID/ESSID,

In the router go Advanced Security Settings OR Advanced

and enable it.

#7 If the router is set to use MAC Authentication.

In the router go Advanced Security Settings OR Advanced

and disable it.

#8 In the router go to Advanced OR Advanced Setup

#9 Then go to IP Address Distribution OR DHCP Settings

#10 If that feature is disabled, enable it.

#11 What is the current range set to?

0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding Help
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While you posted in

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Networking/Port-Forwarding-on-GT704WGB/td-p/392633 with a screenshot, I could not see the screen shot until a mod/admin approved the message.

Now that I see the screen shot: Upon relecttion, I change my mind about my advise.

#1 While I know your Actiontec GT704WGB is connected to a phone line and power supply.

#2 Please check to see if you a D-Link 655 connected by wire behind it.

#3 If so, make sure connected to your Actiontec GT704WGB is only a phone line, power supply and your D-Link 655.

#4 If connected to your Actiontec GT704WGB is only a phone line, power supply and your D-Link 655, then put the Actiontec GT704WGB into bridge mode.

I point to http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25001710-modem-router-GT704WGB-port-forwarding-and-bridged-mode

#5 Make sure wireless is disabled in it.

#6 Then configure your D-Link 655 to allow wireless clients to connect to it.

#7 In the D-Link 655 you need to forward to the computer that you want to host on...

If you have any questions, please ask.

0 Likes