Problems with Activation of Account
DistantWizard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I'm new here, so please bear with me.

Yesterday I came home to find that my DSL service was activated and I proceeded with the log-in and account activation process. My account shows up as having been activated, my account shows up, and Verizon has indicated that everything is good to go. Problem is, when I downloaded the smart access start up wizard, nothing happens. The installation wizard just keeps the screen "please wait" with the revolving pinwheel. Its like nothing installs except for the start up wizard, and this is after I let it run all night and even uninstalled and reinstalled it. I cannot get to any website except for the activation website and at this point I'm fairly annoyed. I am running Lion OSX on the computer I'm trying to set this all up on.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with Activation of Account
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I point and quote from

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Installing-Verizon-Internet-DSL-on-Mac...

turns out that the Mac "Smart Activate" does NOT work on Macs! Isn't that a laugh?

Here's what you do:

Open Safari

type in 192.168.1.1\Verizon\redirect.htm into the address bar

This will get you into administer the modem.

The administrator's name is admin

The password is password; if password doesn't work, use admin

Then go into "User Settings"

Change the folowing to Admin

Username  (type in admin)

Password (type in admin)

Re-Type password (type in admin)

You will press "okay' or whatever, it will send you to a "restricted page." When you reach it, press the "disable" button.

Close out, then reboot your computer. You should be able to connect. At least, that's what Oswaldo in Mexico said.

I find it inconceivable that Verizon would KNOWINGLY give us software that does NOT work on Mac computers!

^^

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I point and quote from

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Installing-Verizon-Internet-DSL-on-Mac...

turns out that the Mac "Smart Activate" does NOT work on Macs! Isn't that a laugh?

Here's what you do:

Open Safari

type in 192.168.1.1\Verizon\redirect.htm into the address bar

This will get you into administer the modem.

The administrator's name is admin

The password is password; if password doesn't work, use admin

Then go into "User Settings"

Change the folowing to Admin

Username  (type in admin)

Password (type in admin)

Re-Type password (type in admin)

You will press "okay' or whatever, it will send you to a "restricted page." When you reach it, press the "disable" button.

Close out, then reboot your computer. You should be able to connect. At least, that's what Oswaldo in Mexico said.

I find it inconceivable that Verizon would KNOWINGLY give us software that does NOT work on Mac computers!

^^

sthimes26

At least you got the DSL hooked up.  Verizon shut off my DSL by accident and I have been trying to get it reactivated every day for over a week!!!! I have had to put in 2 orders now and both have had problems, one was even canceled.  I have been a verizon customer for 2 years for internet and ready to throw in the towel and jump ship!!!!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@sthimes26 wrote:

At least you got the DSL hooked up.  Verizon shut off my DSL by accident and I have been trying to get it reactivated every day for over a week!!!! I have had to put in 2 orders now and both have had problems, one was even canceled.  I have been a verizon customer for 2 years for internet and ready to throw in the towel and jump ship!!!!

0 Likes
nowthatsaplan

We are having a similar issue. We ordered the double-play (phone and internet) and somehow the internet order was duplicated in Verizon's system. We kept getting contradicting emails/phone calls from Verizon, so my husband called to clear things up. He was told that the internet order had been entered twice, so one of those orders would be deleted out of the system. The remaining order was supposed to be activated this past Monday. I got an email Sunday night stating it was ready for activation, but when I tried to activate it on Monday and again on Tuesday, nothing happened. My husband spent an hour on the phone last night with technical service and got no where before being disconnected (he thinks the rep got frustrated and hung up on him). He called back and spent another hour on the phone with tech service before he got frustrated and hung up on them after being put on never-ending hold when he asked to speak to a supervisor. The second rep kept telling him the order had been cancelled but couldn't tell us why or who had authorized the cancellation. Just when I was about to call Verizon today, I noticed the internet light was finally on. After about an hour of effort, I finally had working internet service. Unfortunately, I then learned that Verizon had separated my double-play into two separate accounts with no discount. So now I am once again on the phone with them trying to get the billing straight. I have used Verizon through most of my adult life, and I have never been so completely frustrated. If we don't get it straightened out today, we will be switching to the local cable company instead. Best of luck to you.

@sthimes26 wrote:

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

nowthatsaplan,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
me1sirius

Just curious, does this work??

I am having problems with internet activation.

My modem was not working properly two nights ago so I reset it.

Since then each time I open Safari on my Mac it goes directly to the account activation screen. The disk image file downloads and II follow the directions and double click on the icon and it goes through the software loading step and the final activation bar says my account has been activated.  However when I go to the use internet access it goes directly back to the Verizon activation screen and asks me to activate my account.   None of the normal sites such as Google, yahoo, etc will open.

Is this due to software not being compatible with the Mac??  I notice in on the activation screen it is listed as a 2012 version.

It had been working for almost a year since I change computers.

I can still access my email account and other information.  The modem is working.  I have pinged a couple of sites and that works.  The wifi links to my Ipad however, when I try to use Safari on the Ipad with my wifi I get the same account activation screen.  The Ipad works fine when I use my 3G account bypassing my home wifi.

Any ideas????

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Jonnewb

I had Fios at my previous home and I put a order in for a move but I Fios was not available so being a loyal costumer I got dsl. I had the old address shutoff on the 20th and wanted the new address turned on by then too. They mailed me the modem and I hooked it up but when I called them I was told they couldn’t turn it on until the activation date which was 9 days after the shutoff. I don’t understand why it takes so long to activate especially since I’m setting it up. They better hope it works on that day or xfinity came come out same day and hook it up. 

0 Likes