Problems with Westell 327W
TheBoyers
I have a Westell 327W connected to my desktop and have 2 laptops receiving wireless from that.  I am connected to the network on all computers with a good signal but cannot connect to the internet.  Called Verizon 3 nights in a row and they reset the modem each time.  I get a connection for about 2 minutes and then loose it.  Powered off, repowered, tried everything.  The lights are constantly on blink on the modem.  Could it be I need a new modem.  It is about 5 years old.  Any other suggestions or solutions?
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Westell 327W
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Please post your modem stats.

If you do not know what is meant by that, show the first screen that you see in your router after you log-in.
0 Likes
TheBoyers
Thanks for the help.  I went last night and bought a new wireless modem/router, plugged it in and it did all the work.  We are all connected to the internet once again and it was really easy.  Hopefully that will be the end of that problem.
0 Likes
windsor

I have had the exact same problem that has been increasing for months. Yesterday evening I rebooted the router 5 times within 3 hours. So far this morning ,2 times. In the beginning when still under warranty and not knowing what I was getting into, I requested a replacement. I used to call verizon support but I got sick of spending 30 minutes each time on the phone diagnosing a problem that seem related to the router than any set up on the laptops. It becomes insulting to know that support knows of the issues but they continue to distribute these undependable routers. Although my wired desktop has no problems at all connecting my experiences  with support has left a sour note and I will be converting soon. It is unfortunate you had to invest in another router/ to get the service they should be providing

My recommendation for anyone in this situation is that here's probably nothing wrong with your devices and get rid of the westell ASAP.

0 Likes
elevensdad
I, too, have the Westell 327.  I get good download speeds to my desktop, but very weak signal to my laptop and downstairs devices, so after a hired tech tried to get it to work better, he suggested a range extender.  Now,$100 later, it seemed to work for about a week, so I made my first of tho on-line chats with online support.  After three hours, I made the mistake of allowing a remote access to my setup.  Ater changing some settings on my Westell 327, he ignored that little "you're about to lose wireless connectivity, and promptly dropped the session.  Two hours later, no call back despite his having both my home (dsl) and cell numbers.  So I logged on again the next day.  Three more hours, and no result.  They seem always to assume it's something wrong with my laptop, and ignore repeated requests for a better modem/router.  The tech mentioned the Westell 7500 and an "Action Tech", but refused to provide information and just kept saying I'd have to talk to billing.  I don't want to buy a router to replace the deffective one they sent me.  But, if that's the only thing that will work, please let us know what kind to buy, where and how much it cost.  I can't wait for FIOS to come to town!  Thanks.
0 Likes