Question about Verizon Internet
BellaAnn

I am thinking about using Verizon internet for my laptop at home. I have heard of this thing that you plug into your laptop and you just pay for it and get internet that way. Does anyone know what that's called or what I am talking about, because I can't find anything like that on the Verizon website, and I know it exists because I knew someone that had it.

0 Likes
Re: Question about Verizon Internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the term "Dongle" or "3G/LTE Modem" ring a bell by any chance? I believe what you're talking about may relate to mobile Internet that can be reached wherever you can get cell phone service, generally. Check Verizon Wireless or another wireless carrier for these.

Typically, if you can get Cable or DSL, or heck FiOS for that matter and you're not always on the road and away from home you're better off getting a fixed connection at home and using Wi-Fi rather than replacing what you have now with a mobile internet solution. Internet delivered to your home through a Cable, whether stranded copper, Twisted Pair Copper, Coaxial Copper, or Fiber Optic is often significantly faster and cheaper for what you get, and more consistent. I would suggest going this route if you're going to also be pushing or pulling any significant amount of data from the Internet as mobile data packages are often limited to Gigabytes a month with steep overages.

0 Likes