Question about current service and competitor.
nucloid1
Enthusiast - Level 3

New competitor has moved into town and offers much better speeds but their prices are a bit high (25mbps $50). I love using my verizon DSL but the speeds are horrible for what I pay(10mbps / 1mbps for $25). If I was to call verizon support and say that there is a competitor and would like to see about better speeds, would verizon give a slight boost? I personally would love to see my speeds get doubled but I don't think it would happen.

0 Likes
Re: Question about current service and competitor.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have 10Mbps/1Mbps now, you can get 15Mbps/1Mbps for the same price, although your line will have to support the increased speeds. We'll need to see your modem Transceiver Statistics in order to find out if your modem can support more. If you're not sure how to share this information, please tell us what modem you currently have.

Any speed faster from 15Mbps/1Mbps, or what your line is able to handle currently, would require FiOS from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Question about current service and competitor.
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

You're lucky for multiple reasons:

1. You can actually get something in the 7.1-15 Mbps speed tier

2. You only pay $25 !

$25 is a great price for that kind of speed.  I'd only change if you really needed the extra speed, but at 10 Mbps, I don't think you'd see much of a difference with 25 unless you download a lot of large files.  (Even still, 10 Mbps is a pretty great download speed).

0 Likes