Rain = No DSL
Fatman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everytime it sprinkles or gets foggy I lose my DSL connection.  Do I get refunded for days that service is not provided to me?

Quote of the Day:

"The Verizon Community Forums are where customers help other customers. If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact another customer, because you'll never get help from us....just bills.  Thank you."
Re: Rain = No DSL
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

To answer your question: No.

YOu are probably getting noise on your line when it is wet.

0 Likes
Re: Rain = No DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Unless the problem is chronic they probably will be hesistant to give a refund of any sort due to how shaky the billing system tends to be with small adjustments. If your DSL is dying when the air is moist, obvious answer is the lines are damaged and need repairing. Call up Verizon during a time where it is foggy or raining out and have them perform a line test. They should pick up on the problem right away, especially moisture related ones. Have them send a tech out at that point, and if they bug you asking to have a new modem sent first, have them dispatch a tech with the MLT results with a new modem in the process, in case he does deem the modem as defective which I doubt the case is. Typically In these cases, you're not the only person on a trunk line seeing issues, as it is often a multi-user event.
0 Likes