Random disconnections and speed drop
Run_

My current internet plan is the high speed internet enhanced, but my speeds are: 858 Kbits/sec by 465 Kbits/sec

My internet also disconnects randomly throughout the day, and it's quite frustrating.

Transceiver stats:

Transceiver InformationDownstream PathUpstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)858465
Margin (dB)6.59.0
Line Attenuation (dB)39.533.5
Transmit Power (dBm)17.412.1

0 Likes
Re: Random disconnections and speed drop
Rdietrich82

i have the same problem my speeds are all over the place anywhere from .70mb to 1.9mb when im supposed to be at 5+ also it drops internet around 5 or more times a day and i been arguing for months about this

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Run_ wrote:

My current internet plan is the high speed internet enhanced, but my speeds are: 858 Kbits/sec by 465 Kbits/sec

My internet also disconnects randomly throughout the day, and it's quite frustrating.

Transceiver stats:

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)858465
Margin (dB)6.59.0
Line Attenuation (dB)39.533.5
Transmit Power (dBm)17.412.1

You've got a physical copper circuit issue and the kind of speed you're getting is unacceptable for the Enhanced package.If you can, you might want to try plugging the modem into your NID to see if you can get any improvements out of it so we can identify if there's something in the house causing issues. See this FAQ on what a NID is: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317 . Most modern (Plastic) NIDs have a test jack you can use to connect the modem's line connection into.

Failing that or if no improvement seen: Get Verizon to send a tech to fix it (refuse the new modem and ask for a tech to bring one when he checks the line if it is the modem).

If your downstream attenuation is correct and if some other assumptions are made, you're just under two miles out. 3Mbps/768kbps service is not unsustainable. Make that your target speed and make Verizon ensure the sync hits that. If there's capacity left over we'll see about higher speed.

0 Likes
Run_

I have no idea where the NID is in my apartment.

Verizon will be sending a tech on Thursday.

My internet speed is bearable now, although it's still slower than what it used to be. The speed doesn't bother me as much as my internet dropping randomly everyday, and dropping when my phone rings.

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision:7.2.3.0 
Vendor ID Code:4 
Line Mode:ADSL2+ Mode 
Data Path:Interleaved 

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)5606890
Margin (dB)6.09.0
Line Attenuation (dB)32.517.5
Transmit Power (dBm)18.112.1
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Great to hear. The tech should be able to find and correct any potential issues with the line. In an apartment, your NID could be located anywhere. It could be in your unit, it could be in a maintenance closet, it could be in the basement, or it could be outside on the side of the building. It's had to say for sure where it is.

0 Likes
Run_

The tech came today, but needed to get inside the basement. The tech needed the landlord to get into the basement, but there was no way at the time to contact the landlord. I got my landlord's number, but had no way to let the tech know. I called verizon, and they said the tech left but will be coming back. The committment time for my ticket was: 7/26/2012 16:00:00. The ticket is still open even though it's 3 hours past the committment time, and I still have slow internet speeds. My internet still disconnects randomly throughout the day...

My current speeds are: 1184 Kbits/sec by 786 Kbits/sec

The highest that I've gotten in the past two days was probably 2000 Kbits/sec... 

0 Likes