Recent issues w/PS3 connection - need to update Westell 7500 DSL Modem/Router?
wyldfyre113

About 2 weeks ago, I suddenly cannot connect to my PS3 anymore.  Called PSN, and they said it is a verizon issue, and that I need to update my modem's firmware and lower the firewall. I figured out how to lower the firewall, but I'm afraid to update the firmware without step-by step help because I heard it can screw up and then I would totally lose my internet.  Right now, the computers connect fine, its just the PS3.  Anyone else had this issue? I looked at the firmware version I have, and its version 2, and Westell has up to versionh 4 for that modem. I also heard that you need to have  your computer on a wired connection to the modem when you update or it will screw up mid-update because the wireless temporarily shuts off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to call verizon but they didn't seem to understand how to update a modem.  Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: Recent issues w/PS3 connection - need to update Westell 7500 DSL Modem/Router?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play OR to Advanced -> UPnP (which exer exist in the router)

#2 If you do not have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#3 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution OR to Advanced -> Private LAN (which ever exist in your router).

#4 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

0 Likes