SLOW DSL COMPLETE WITH DROP OUTS.....USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN INDIA
willytrix

I recently had an increase to my DSL bill of 5 bucks a month because "the cost of internet" has gone up according to my agent in the billing office.  What I find funny is the Technical support is in India, but Billing is in the good old USA.  I'm quite sure Verizon has trained everyone in the Indian office to make MASSIVE APOLOGIES and not under no circumstance send out a Technician out to repair anything.   

So a month ago, I bought a new phone because my calls kept dropping out and friends were complaining. 

Now I realize the problem from the drop out was my DSL service.  I called Technical Support last Thursday, this is always a most painful process for me.  It seems that the agents in India have explicit instructions not to ever send out a Technician.  So after 1 hour, they finally put me through to someone in the New York office.  They said they would send a technician Saturday morning.  The technician rang on Saturday morning to say he was on this way and was here at 10 AM.  He gave me a new modem and then told me he could not doing anything because he needed access to where my line comes in which is in a garden around the corner and there was no access because it was Saturday morning.  He also said that there was no one in Verizon's Central office to test the new line which he wanted to install so he would be back Monday morning.

Verizon true to form, left me a message, that the Technician could not gain access and I would have to schedule another appointment to have another Technician come out.  This really **bleep** me off. So I had to ring Tech Support.  After 30 minutes they said, "Oh no, a technician will be out on Monday."  Of course Monday came and went and no Technician ever turned up. No calls no email, no messages, no Technician. 

Tuesday afternoon I made 3 calls to the wonderful Indian Technical Support Department the first two agents disconnected me.  I have no patience for these agents.  I have to keep repeating the same story a million times and they put me on hold for 10 minute intervals only to never have any new information.  I keep asking for a supervisor, or the New York Office, or a number for the New York office.  The patronizing apologies and the empathy drive me crazy.  So finally the last guys says who has quite a snarky attitude and keeps telling me that he is trying to help.  And I keep telling him repeating to me what I told you or telling me you don't know is not helping me.  He finally agreed to research the situation and to ring me back in 30 minutes. 

I received a message that there is a problem in the area and they don't know when they were going to be able to send a Technician out.  So I got no satisfaction with this whole situation.  I am so tired of being treated like an after thought by Verizon.  We don't have FIOS, no one can tell me when it is going to be in my neighborhood.  I can't get my DSL repaired in a timely manner.  Verizon knew about this problem judging by the post on this forum. 

So my question is this, do I get rebate for this crappy service?  Also Verizon is well aware of the problem and did not nor will not inform it's customers.

0 Likes
Re: SLOW DSL COMPLETE WITH DROP OUTS.....USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN INDIA
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Re: SLOW DSL COMPLETE WITH DROP OUTS.....USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN INDIA
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry we missed you. If you need any further assistance, please post it in the Forums.

Sharon Vz

0 Likes