Service Outage - How Do We Check?
thewritejerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I check if there is a DSL service outage in my area? Without having to log on to download the Verizon IN-Home software - which I can't do because my DSL service is out...

And yes, I have gone through all of the steps of checking the connections, powering off the modem for a while, reading tea leaves...

I have searched this web site from top to bottom and side to side looking for a service outage checker and have not found one. You would think it would be easy to have a link that says "Area Service Outages."

Magellan couldn't navigate the Verizon customer service web site.

I just want to know if the DSL service is out in my area so I know it's not a problem within my home only.

Please.

I even asked on the Verizon Service on Twitter and got no response.

Re: Service Outage - How Do We Check?
thewritejerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, Twitter service did just get back to me.

But this web site is useless.

And you would think it would be simple to have a page called "Area Service Outages" so people could just quickly check...

thevigil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Howdy, I received an e-mail from Verizon indicating they noticed an issue with our service and we could check on the status of any outage by clicking on this: www.verizon.com/outage. And sure enough, approx 8:10 pm my service went out - internet and fios. Checked all the connections I could find, rebooted the STB, unplugged the STB - didn't make a difference. Made the requisite call to customer service - Wednesday afternoon soonest time available.

However, checking the web site noted above, got this information:

Outage Alert - FiOS TV

An outage affecting all FiOS TV Channels has been detected in your area. Estimated Restoration time: 30-JUL-13 00:55:00  CDT

Outage Alert - Internet Access

An outage has been detected that impacts your ability to access the Internet, send and receive email, streaming video services, including FiOS Video On Demand. Estimated Restoration time: 30-JUL-13 00:55:00  CDT

So, I'm waiting patiently for 00:55:00 tomorrow morning to see what happens.

Be sure to make note of the outages web site in the text above.

0 Likes
thevigil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Howdy again, serivce restored at approx 12:00 midnight (I know it's redundant).

0 Likes