Service Turned On A Week Ago But Still Not Working
amaya1

I am glad that we decided not to cut off Comcast until we decided whether or not Verizon worked for us.  At my parents' home, I can't even get a DSL connection despite chatting with tech support, reviewing the Westell manual and following through with all the troubleshooting tips on the Verizon website.

At my house, I've been testing the connection speed between Verizon and Comcast on the days we have a connection.  Comcast is easily 3x's as fast as Verizon.

Today I have attempted to reach Verizon by phone and via chat with no success.  I am ready to pack up their equipment and send it back to them.  Anyone know what the proper procedure would be to notify Verizon we need to terminate services?

0 Likes
Re: Service Turned On A Week Ago But Still Not Working
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@amaya wrote:

I am glad that we decided not to cut off Comcast until we decided whether or not Verizon worked for us.  At my parents' home, I can't even get a DSL connection despite chatting with tech support, reviewing the Westell manual and following through with all the troubleshooting tips on the Verizon website.

At my house, I've been testing the connection speed between Verizon and Comcast on the days we have a connection.  Comcast is easily 3x's as fast as Verizon.

Today I have attempted to reach Verizon by phone and via chat with no success.  I am ready to pack up their equipment and send it back to them.  Anyone know what the proper procedure would be to notify Verizon we need to terminate services?

With that being said...

Call up Verizon at 1800-VERIZON, contact Billing. Tell Billing you wish to disconnect service, they'll send you to retentions. In retentions, tell them why you're canceling the connection, and refuse any offer. They can't get you back, they'll put the disconnect request through.

0 Likes