Settings don't have MTU settings for Xbox Live
m_moua07

I've been having problems connecting to Xbox Live. All of my PCs wired and wireless can connect to the internet except for my 2 Xbox 360s one wired and one wireless. Some times it says that there isn't enough MTU or can't connect to the network when I follow their steps to fix it. It just keeps dying on me.

I was wondering if the Configuration page has MTU settings?

0 Likes
Re: Settings don't have MTU settings for Xbox Live
jtktlw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know which modem/router you are using (guessing it's some model by Actiontek) but read my post about getting connected to Xbox Live with an Actiontek router.  Even if you don't have the same model, you probably will find something useful there.  Also, I said this in the post but in case you don't see it, with these modems/routers, you cannot connect wirelessly, you must connect by ethernet or you will get errors.  The link is below, hope this helps!

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/How-to-connect-to-Xbox-Live-with-the-A...

evanlars

I am having a similar problem, I'm not able to connect to xbox live, I get an error message saying it needs an mtu of 1364 or higher. But when i called verizon tech support they said my router(westell 327W) has an mtu of 1492.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default MTU setting is 1500 for any Ethernet and Wireless connection made to the router. The DSL operates with a maximum MTU of 1492 which is still plenty for Xbox Live. There was a known issue which Verizon and Microsoft seemed to have solved according to a Verizon employee (I believe VZ_Anthony posted up about it), so if it is still not working for you, do the following:

1: Switch off your modem/router for a few minutes. Allow time for your IP address to be put back into Verizon's IP Pool.

2: Turn on your equipment and allow the Internet connection to return. You should have a new IP if you've waited long enough. Try Xbox Live.

3: If it's still not working try again or contact Verizon and see what they can do to solve it.

0 Likes