Short disconnect same time everyday.
lanzerx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I always disconnect at 2:25 everyday, it only lasts for about two minutes, but its annoying. It has been going on for a few months. I just got a new replacement modem from verizon yesterday, and this disconnect is still happening. I do not believe anything is wrong in my home, or with my setup. I believe it is something that happens with my ISP at this time of the day. Any suggestions? I've called support and they have no idea.

0 Likes
Re: Short disconnect same time everyday.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would you happen to have neighbors nearby that are also experiencing the same problem? This sounds like an issue a relative of mine had at one point where the entire neighborhood would randomly lose DSL service for up to a half hour for no apparent line-based reason. After an unspecified amount of time, the DSL modems in the neighborhood would all come back online, speeds would be a bit shaky at first (despite proper sync rates) but then settle out and improve.

0 Likes
lanzerx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not know anything about my neighbors. I also do not believe my losing connection is random. It happens EVERDAY at 2:25 on the dot. I always stare at the time when I lose connection. It only lasts for at most 3 minutes, though, and right after, it'll be back to normal. Speed would be normal.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK. If it isn't too much of a hassle, see if you can find out if any neighbors are having issues with their service at the same exact time. Otherwise, it sounds like you'll need someone in Verizon to check out your line, either through a truck roll and having a tech checking the line as it drops, or seeing if someone can check the logs on the equipment on their end. On the dot suggests sudden inteference from something electrically or equipment malfunction.

0 Likes