Skyype w/Westell 7500 and Panasonic DECT 6.0
WOTS

I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0 Wireless phone/answering machine.  I would like to use it with Skype.   The Westell 7500 does support SIP.  

1) Can the phone be hooked directly to the Westell 7500 without a VOIP router?  I have been told the RJ-11 jack can plug directly into the RJ-45 jack of the Westell router.  

2) Will the answering machine on the panasonic wireless phone work if we choose not to get voicemail with the skype account?

3)  Where can I find detailed information on how to set up the Westell router for skype?  I have called Verizon, they are clueless and Skype's customer service is worthless.

Thank you,

Wots

0 Likes
Re: Skyype w/Westell 7500 and Panasonic DECT 6.0
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Can you post up what model phone this Panasonic phone is? I highly doubt that it can be plugged into the Westell 7500, despite RJ11 connections being able to fit in RJ45 jacks (and it's probably single pair as well, won't support Ethernet). More than likely what you have is a phone made to be plugged into a Landline or a VoIP box.
WOTS

Hello,

The Panasonic DECT 6.0  model number is KX-TG1032S.  

If I do need a VOIP adaptor thats fine, but I still cannot find anyone who can provide instructions on configuring the Westell 7500.

Thank you for any further advice you could provide.

WOTS 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
That is a regular POTS Phone there, so you will need a VoIP Adapter that is capable of making calls over Skype if any are around. As for setting up the 7500, I can't help you out too much besides Port Forwarding as I haven't seen my way around the menus for that enough.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please do these pre-check list directions...

#1 The Default Gateway on your computer is the same IP Address as the Westell VersaLink 7500?

For example, if on Windows XP

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 In the router go to Advanced -> Private LAN

#3 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#4 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play

#5 If you do not have at least two game consoles behind this two router, turn off UPnP in the router.

By game console, a special type of computer with no keyboard or mouse (and it/they are usually connected to a TV).

#6 In the router go to System Monitoring  -> Gateway Status

#7 With another web browser Window OR Tab, go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#8 Below the text that says The text below might uniquely identify you on the Internet is an IP Address.

#9 In the web browser window or tab, that is still looking in the router, you should see that same IP Address.

0 Likes