Slow Connection for DAYS - on line support no help AGAIN
jjhwbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone found a solution or cause for the extreme slowness in Virginia?  Connecting to this site even took minutes to complete.  Nothing has changed on my system or any changes it is the service provider error.  This is immensely annoying.

Re: Slow Connection for DAYS - on line support no help AGAIN
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Please post your Modem Transceiver Status

#2 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and modem of your modem?

b) If you have a separate router: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes
jjhwbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Westell 2200

Connect, drop and transfer tests done and all functional.  The in and out speeds were around .345 and .5 mps each time.

Also occurs using a Westell 6100 at a different location with different PC and OS.  Exact same problem.  Slow as molasses!

[edited to merge two posts)

toby1955
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had slow connection....NO connection and static on line for days. Contacted customer support NUMEROUS times. When on the phone with Verizon support everything seems to "magically" get corrected until.....a few hours later. I have a 6100 modem and, I believe that this may be the problem. I also know that approximately 1&1/2 years ago we had major weather issues in Maryland....I had the same problems then. It turned out that it was a problem on the pole. We have recently gone through Hurricane Irene and alot a rainfall and flooding on subsequent days....many days at a time. Was raining this morning.....static, intermittent internet. Sun came out...everything dried and.....magically corrected itself again. Wires on the outside pole need to be fixed.....this is NOT an internal problem.

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:  http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jjhwbb wrote:

Westell 2200

Connect, drop and transfer tests done and all functional.  The in and out speeds were around .345 and .5 mps each time.

Also occurs using a Westell 6100 at a different location with different PC and OS.  Exact same problem.  Slow as molasses!

[edited to merge two posts)

I presume this problem takes place during all times of the day and night, correct? Has it been doing this since the Hurricane rolled through?

Log into the 2200 by visiting http://192.268.1.1/ . Choose Troubleshooting from the drop-down menu, and then click Transceiver Statistics. This will provide the information dslr is looking for.

jjhwbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has only been doing this for the past two to trhee days long after the hurricane.  I spent four hours on the live chat with Verizon yesterday and the problem is not fixed.  All equipment is working fine but the speedtest showed .03 and ,11 respectively.  The tech sent me to call the HSI tech by voice call.  I think it is a problem at the pole just like something that happened in this area five years ago where it wsa determined that it was not on the equipment or in the user homes but at the pole.  I dont know how to get someone to just come a check that out.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for your trouble. I have sent a private message to get more ifnormation to help.

0 Likes
jjhwbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony - Same problem occurred as of yesterday.  You were very helpful in the past in getting a priority repair ticket to check the community external lines.  Is there a way to do so again?  Nishant and Vijay who are technicians on the chat do not understand the request.  Each time this has occurred over the past ten years it has been rapidly solved by a technician checking the poles and junction boxes.  Thank you.

0 Likes