Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
roegner1030

Re: Slow connection speeds.

Disregard that as I do not have a filter between the router and the phone jack.  That was my mistake.  I was thinking of the DVR box next to it heh.  Sorry.

Gold Contributor VII
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: Slow connection speeds.

#1 When you setup the router, this was the first screen looked like

http://www.support.dlink.com/emulators/dsl2640b/306041/vpivci.html

?

#2 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Server(s) on your computer.

This means for example if on Windows XP..

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#3 Is the IP Address at http://whatismyip.com/ is on your comptuer?

#4 If not, go to the default gateway and log-in as need be.

#5 In the router go to Status -> ADSL

#6 Please post the info that is there.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Copper Contributor
outthedoor
0 Kudos

Slow download and upload speeds.

I have Verizon High Speed DSL, and starting yesterday the upload and download speeds dropped to 3Kbits per second (yes that is K not M).  This happens on my 2 windows 7 systems and my XP system, they perform the same.  I checked the connection speed through the westell 2200 router, but it claims I am getting 3.6Mbits download and 864Kbits upload.  I did upgrade my belken wireless router a week ago, but this problem happened a few days later.  I have called Verizon, they could not offer help and found no problems.  I have checked the system configuration but cannot find an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Contributor VII
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: Slow download and upload speeds.

I point to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/9265

Perhaps that might help.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor
HistGuy
Device: DSL Westell Modem
Plan: Internet 3.0/786
0 Kudos

Slow speeds for past few weeks, some neighbors experiencing similar problems

My Verizon internet has slowed to a crawl these past few weeks. Others in my neighborhood are experiencing the same problem. I have a DSL connection. I am in Easton PA and wish that Verizon would do some investigating to see what is going on in our neck of the woods.

Gold Contributor VII
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: Slow speeds for past few weeks, some neighbors experiencing similar problems

According to your profile you have a Westell device.

What is the model of that Westell?

Contributor
jkuo010
0 Kudos

Slow DSL down speed.

Hi

Recently sign up the 1.5Mb down 384Kbps Up plan but i am getting only 150Kbps down. is there anything wrong with my DSL?

Gold Contributor VII
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: Slow DSL down speed.

I do not know for sure, but this is what I noticed..

#1 I went to dslreports.com -> Tools > Calculator

#2 I typed in 150KB as the data size, 1.5MB as the speed and I pressed the Calc button for how long it would take.

This is the results in the data size.

153,600 Bbytes (default)
150 KBkilobytes
0.1 MBmegabytes
1,228,800 bbits
1,200 Kbkilobits
1.2 Mbmegabits

Your speed is close to what you are paying for.

Contributor
deepakvasudevan
0 Kudos

Re: Slow DSL down speed.

I have observed this too. Typically upto 11 PM Eastern this situtation of slow Internet prevails.

Copper Contributor
Ogchale
0 Kudos

Download Speed

im getting really tired of the download speeds i get at night and every time i call verizon they say it is slow due to high traffic and if that is the case why do they advertise a certain speed, anyways can someone help me solve this problem.

Model is Actiontec GT704WGB

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools