Slow DSL speeds in evening?
Hurlba1

OK, I'm on 7Mbps plan and just recently noticed my speeds are less than 1Mbps in the evening.  I'm at .66Mbps currently, which is terrible!

In the morning, speed pops up to 5+.  Does anyone know what's going on?  I've read previous thread about an "optimizer", anyone else have this issue?

My neighbor with same plan sees normal speeds at night, which purplexes me.  There have been no changes in our house, I've tried troubleshooting all obvious things, but you'd think if there was a problem at VZ it would impact my neighbor too.

Any thoughts??  Thanks, in York, PA

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL speeds in evening?
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

It's possible that you and your neighbors do not share the same equipment - we can definitely look further into this for you.

I'm sending you a PM to get some additional information.

-adam.

0 Likes
bertclo

I am in York, PA and have been experiencing the same problem at 2 locations (home and work). Is there a fix?

Rob

0 Likes
pRS317

I'm right down the road in Spring Grove, PA and my speed is around 11mb until the afternoon, and under 1mb after that.  I called on 23 Jan and was told it was a network problem and they'd look into it within the next 24-48 hours.  I called again toight and was told they fixed one problem, but there seemed to be another problem with the lines at the central network.  They scheduled a tech to take a look at it on 5 Feb, and expect that it would be fixed no later than 7 Feb...let's hope for the best!

With regard to the optimizer....that does exist and can set you back if your line stats are marginal.  By that, I mean your margin and line attenuation numbers.  If you're getting "optimized", you'll also be connected at a lower speed which can also be seen in the advanced transceiver statistics of your router.

0 Likes
gja1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem in Brooklyn, NY.

I am on the High Speed Internet DSL Service and whose speed range should be from 7 Mbps - 15 Mbps down. However, in the evening I get around 1 Mbps or lower.

0 Likes