Slow connection between 5PM and Midnight-weekday
Paul271
Enthusiast - Level 2

My internet connection is really slow between 5PM and midnight every weekday.  Started having this issue after the big snow storm in November.  I believe my line's been swithed or moved to a different port/router at the substation, where it gets congested at the evening hours.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow connection between 5PM and Midnight-weekday
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You too. Let us know how everything goes 🙂

View solution in original post

RussandCindy
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are not alone. I upgraded my service thinking that would help but it hasn't.  I get ok speed from 0500 to about 0900 EST.   Then it starts going downhill.  I have been running a speed test every night at around 8:30 and I am running consistently at about .25mbs, that's point-two-five (just a little faster than dial-up speed).   Verizon tells me to reset the modem. Like that will help.  It takes 30 minutes to watch a 7 minute video on YouTube....and the buffering is terrible.  Time to switch to Cable.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably is the case. Either by coincidence or due to some sort of storm related outage, Verizon might have moved you onto more congested links/routers OR others were moved onto the gear you run through. Either way, someone in Verizon needs to fix it. If a Verizon employee doesn't respond to this thread, I can direct you to someone who will solve it for you.

0 Likes
Paul271
Enthusiast - Level 2

RussandCindy,

I totally agree with you.  It's time to switch to Cable.

0 Likes
Paul271
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smith6612,

I really very much appreciate if you can have someone sort this out for me.   I already called the Verizon tech and was told that it's on my end that makes internet slow.  I still believe that it has to do with the other side at the substation where my line is connected to.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sending you a PM with some contact information. Talk to him and give him only the phone number which your DSL line is associated with. That will be all he will ask for and he'll get to the bottom of the issue.

0 Likes
smokesjackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

My internet speed is slow allday untill 1:00am then it picks up,im sure verizon is capping me,can you help me

0 Likes
smokesjackson
Enthusiast - Level 2
Transceiver Revision3.3.6.10.0.1
Vendor ID Code4D54
Line ModeADSL_2plus
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)117411001
Margin (dB)5.510.3
Line Attenuation (dB)31.816.1
Transmit Power (dBm)18.810.9

allday long i get 1.4 and when 1:00 am comes around i get  0ver 9mb

0 Likes
Paul271
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Smith,

I did reply to his PM's with the info but I am not so sure if he receives it yet.  Anyway, I am still having the same issue.

Here is my test result in the morning.  This is a good speed I'm supposed to get in the evening as well.

TEST_DATETIME_ZONEDOWNLOAD_MEGABITSUPLOAD_MEGABITSLATENCY_MS
12/30/2011 11:19GMT2.810.6343
12/30/2011 12:29GMT2.820.6341

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Paul27 wrote:

Hi Smith,

I did reply to his PM's with the info but I am not so sure if he receives it yet.  Anyway, I am still having the same issue.

Here is my test result in the morning.  This is a good speed I'm supposed to get in the evening as well.

TEST_DATETIME_ZONEDOWNLOAD_MEGABITSUPLOAD_MEGABITSLATENCY_MS
12/30/2011 11:19GMT2.810.6343
12/30/2011 12:29GMT2.820.6341

Thanks,

Paul

He usually replies within a day. Did you by any chance check to see if you've gotten a message back from him by checking the userbar at the top of the page? The website I sent you to contact the person should flash his name at the top of the screen with an envelope indicating a message.

0 Likes