Small glitch with my speed
peternyman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Folks.
I have a small glitch with my speed. I have 1.1 - 3.0 down and 384 - 768 up stream. I got around 2+ down and 600+ up not bad for my location. Then one day it just dropped 1+- down and 300+ i called tech support got a USA basted tech. He know what the problem was, he fixed. He newer told me what he did.
And this time around I got some over seas tech support. No help there. I got a service ticket opened up by my local service technician. The same day as the service call is the speed jump to 1.7+ down and 500+ up and this is before he has done anything hmm, when he did check my line he did find something, thing it was a corroded connection at the filed box . The day after it was even better 2.1 down 615 up like it was when i got install now 6 day later it's 1.4+ down and 368 up. Both the original installer and the last service tech got readings of 2.7 and it is a unbridged line from the CO. So why this fluctuations in speeds, is my line optimized by Verizon or somebody else ? can the optimizer be turned of for my line ?.
Thank you for your help. Peter

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Small glitch with my speed
peternyman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow just got of the phone with J a upper tier tech. He asked what's the problem I spoke He listened and He fixed it.
He turned something up or off I'm not sure. And on the latest test i got 2.4+ down 0.5+ down not bad, some packet loss.
He told me he would keep a eye on my line, so we will see but for now all is good. THANKS J 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is the optimizer trying to find a stable speed, yes. You can request that Verizon disable it and lock your speed to a specific setting. Just take note that if you turn your modem off overnight, don't as this can cause the optimizer to kick in.

0 Likes
peternyman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow just got of the phone with J a upper tier tech. He asked what's the problem I spoke He listened and He fixed it.
He turned something up or off I'm not sure. And on the latest test i got 2.4+ down 0.5+ down not bad, some packet loss.
He told me he would keep a eye on my line, so we will see but for now all is good. THANKS J 🙂

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome!

0 Likes