Sorry but I got to vent! WHY DOES VERIZON TREAT CUSTOMERS BADLY?
Jim_C1

First, it took me three months of arguing with tech's and lineman and online tech support then finally graduated to someone that actually listened to me and got something done.  I had old telephone line which allowed noise from power company electric transformers to be induced into the phone line which took out the DSL (audio) signal completely at times and slowed speed down tremendously when it would work.  They finally replaced the line with shielded wire and pretty much took care of the problem.  Thing is, I told them this could be happening when I first ran into the problem.  Took almost four months to get it fixed.  All was well. Still no problems after two years......  now they took away our ability to create home pages and soon all homepages will be deleted.  A service offered in the original package I am paying for.  10 mb of free space included in the package....GONE.

Did we get a refund on our bill due to this service being discontinued?  NO.  Now they are going to increase my monthly bill? 

Everytime these things happen, it makes me look at other companies for my telephone,Internet service.  IS verizon driving us away from them?  The more I think about it the more I am leaning toward removing my telephone and DSL.  I can use my cell phone for my home phone and a TV company for the internet.  Speeds are 10 times faster too.   I've been a Verizon customer since it was GTE back in the 70's.  They don't care about loyalty apparently.  I'm not happy.

0 Likes
Re: Sorry but I got to vent! WHY DOES VERIZON TREAT CUSTOMERS BADLY?
Ron_

Maybe we are dealing with the Illuminati and they don't like to work with man and they don't care about ones emotions. I think the entity Verizon is honorable but their representation is bad. Have patience with them Jim.

0 Likes
Maymom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree!!!!! I am currently on a plan that is a "Lifetime" cost of 14.99 my daughter needs a better speed for her work, they are the only service available here so I am stuck with them.... I called and I am only able to get the next available speed of 1.1-3 mbps which they can't guarantee the speed I will acctually get!!!! I asked if I try it and it doesn't deliver what we need can I go back to my orginal plan? Oh of course you can,however it will cost you 10.00 more a month to go back to your guaranteed lifetime plan cause you are changing it. Wait, I am givint their company a chance to give me better service and if they can't deliver it and I want to go back to my original plan it will cost me more???? What happened to if something doesn't work we will gladly return you back to your old service no extra charge????????? I really am so frustrated with this company, I have a cell phone that I can barely use, a home line that everytime it rains it buzzes for a month, but " the lines are fine it must be your equipment", funny how its only when it rains.....    They show that they have all these great, fast, reliable services available, well where are they???? Certainly not in PA!!!!!!  If I had cable here or satelite internet available I would be gone from them. They are the only company available here in our area at all. They need to get their act together cause once we get other options we will be gone!!!!!

0 Likes
Gunter1020

I have always been a loyal Verizon customer but something has seriously changed lately in their customer service department.  I know that Verizon has been laying people off in mass quantities and closing down their rental properties but apparently this means they have outsourced their customer service to other countries now and everything has switched to computer automated.  When you call now you have to go through multiple recordings before reaching a peson and then that person's accent is so heavy you can't understand them and they can't understand you.  I recently moved and had to switch from internet FIOS to DSL, I wasn't happy with the downgrade but oh well.  I was told I would be sent the new modum along with a mailing package to return the old modum.  I received the new modum fine but no box to return the old one.  So, I will now make a special trip to a local store to hand it in and make sure I get a receipt so they can't say later that I never turned it in.  On to the next problem.  I connected my modem and nothing.  I tried al three phone jacks and nothing works.  I call verizon and they do a diagnostic and then tell me they have to send a technician out so I schedule an appt.  The day arrives and the tecnician never shows up.  I call verizon again, explain the problem and they tell me that the technician was scheduled for an afternoon appointment.  I told them no, I purposely scheduled a morning appointment because I work and had other things scheduled that morning as well.  So, after an long and tedious phone conversation and being put on hold three times, I change the appointment to the following day to take place after 5pm.  The next day I get a confirmation text from Verizon which once again states my appointment is scheduled between 8am and noon.  At this point I have given up.  I have been trying to get my internet hooked up and working for a week and its as if verizon is doing everything they can so that doesn't happen.  They never used to be like this.  In the not so distance past, if you had a problem you could call, get a local center and the problem would be solved immediately.  I am retuning my equipment and going with another provider where I have discovered I can get internet at the same rate but faster speeds.  Many of my friends have also bailed on Verizon and now I know why.  My friend asked one of the Verizon technicians why things are so bad and why you can't even reach a supervisor to complain anymore and he stated that the techinicians are having the same problem with their own employer!   If they don't do something about their horrible customer service soon they are going to lose customers by the droves.

0 Likes
Jim_C1

Hi,

Thanks for the support.  I don't have much time so I'll keep it short and catch up later.  If it acts up during rain storms then tell verizon that and have a tech come out and check to see if you have very old "twisted pair"  or simply put two copper wires inside a flat rubber coat for a telephone line.  If you do, the fix should be (after they verify that somewhere there is a power company transformer inducing noise into your line), to replace the line with modern shielded cable.  It should help your speed also.

Keep me posted.

got to run fer now!

Jim

0 Likes
suelin602
Fios representive are liars too. I called to lower my payment, because my wife lost her job. My bill was going up each month. Every month it's a different price! Always higher! They told it was because, I need to renew my contact for 2 more year. So I said ok and they gave me A big 10 bucks off. I said that's not enough ! So they said call back Monday and the elite team will be able to give you a deep discount for a loyal customer. Well I call and I was told their is no such team.! Also he tried to get me to upgrade my Internet for 5 bucks more! I hate fios ! And I am cancelling a soon a my contract is up. Also my is still going up and each month it different! I don't buy any of their **bleep** movies either! They don't give a **bleep** how they treat their customer. They just care about making more money more money! Maybe reps get a kick back?
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi suelin602,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

suelin602, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
rbanks10
Enthusiast - Level 2

They don't CARE. They send you to India, because americans don't understand the India accent. India people always say "may I"  If verizon worked any slower, they would be dead.

0 Likes