Speed Issues during Prime Time
arghtster

Over the last two months my speed during primetime hours 4 pm to around midnight have degraded drastically.  During these hours I typically get 1mbs, during the rest of the hours from midnight to around 4 again, I get the full 7mbs that I pay for.  I thought DSL wasn't supposed to have these problems and it was typical for cable companies.  I would really like this to be resolved as it wasn't always like this and now its to the point where its unacceptable.  I've tried removing my router and connecting both my pc and my mac directly to the dsl during these times incase it was some sort of virus issue, and that didn't solve my problem.  Not really sure what to do.

So to summerize

-Slow internet speeds in primetime hours 4  pm to 12 am PST

-Problem has only been happening in the past three months but has been getting noticeably worse recently.

-4pm internet speed drops to 1mbs at midnight goes back to the 7 mbs I pay for and stays that way until around the same time the next day.

Tried hooking up modem to both a pc and a mac and removing the router during these slow periods as well as restarting the modem with no positive result.

The modem I have is a Westell G90610015-20 Rev E.

Router is a netgear but again this happens with or without the router.

Speedtest numbers during these times agree with it, and when I check the modem connection setting it still says I'm at 7000+ down so I'm not exactly sure whats wrong.

0 Likes
Re: Speed Issues during Prime Time
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please post your Modem Transceiver Statistics. You can obtain them by visiting http://192.168.1.1/ , clicking System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors and then Transceiver Statistics. If you are presented with a Username and Password prompt, try one of the following combinations.

admin/password
admin/password1
admin/admin
admin/admin1
Your Verizon username and password

Additionally, how is your voice service, if you have a phone with with Verizon? Do you have Static, buzzing, or any other noise on the line that should not be there?

0 Likes