Sporadic Internet Service
Micky3

Hi-very tired of losing my internet connection and having to call all the time-actually if you check our records for the amount of calls and add at least one a day -we don't always call because of shear frustration. We had the router reset, computer cleaned up and same thing daily-and you know it is always when we are in the middle of something.

Anyway my questions are this: Do you have a better system that is available to us? Do we need a new router? Of course not being computer savy doesn't help so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated-thanks

0 Likes
Re: Sporadic Internet Service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon probably needs to come out and repair your line. If you have a landline with your DSL service, do you exhibit static or other noise on the line, especially around the times where your DSL disconnects?

0 Likes
Micky3

we very rarely use the phone so I wouldn't really know about static-I do know that the Verizon trucks have been in my neighborhood almost every day for the last couple of weeks. We even have the Ethernet cable hooked up and will lose service

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The next time the DSL drops or starts to misbehave, check the home phone. Chances are you might hear static on it. If Verizon trucks have been in the area a lot recently, they may be running new lines, or they have been repairing problems reported by other neighbors. Might be worth investigating.

0 Likes