Sudden Decreased Wifi Signal Strength
BradMB81

I recently "upgraded" my internet from 35 to 50, and since then have noticed that my wifi has been absolutely terrible.  I can't even use my Galaxy S4 because unless I'm no further than about 50 feet away, it disconnects so many times that I want to throw it through a wall.  And now I'm about to go over my monthly data allowance because it never allows me to be connected to wifi.

I walk my dog daily and noticed that before I could make it all the way down the block, a good 100 yards, and still be connected to my home wifi.  Now it doesn't even kick in until I'm literally walking in the front door.  I've been reading all of the blogs and have seen tons of similar complaints from other customers, but am just wondering if by some miracle someone on here would have some advice for me that will actually work.  I've reset the router, changed the channels, turned off my phone's bluetooth....nothing has worked.

Anyone out there have the miracle cure?  I'll owe you one!

0 Likes
Re: Sudden Decreased Wifi Signal Strength
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Since nobody has jumped in with a miracle cure, let me start a dialog with this.

It seems unlikely that your wifi range would change just because you changed speed plans.   Do you have another WiFi device, a laptop, etc., that you can check your WiFi signal strength with?  As a troubleshooting step, I would want to eliminate the possiblity that it's your Galaxy S4 that has developed a problem receiving WiFi signals.

If you can confirm that your phone is not the problem, my suggestion would be add a 3rd party wireless access point to your network, Netgear, Linksys, etc.  While I've had no problem with my Actiontec router, I (and others) have found that its WiFi coverage doesn't measure up to other manufacturers' WiFi devices.

0 Likes
Re: Sudden Decreased Wifi Signal Strength
kjr1usa

I have the same issue. I know it's not my device because it happens on all my devices using wifi. And I live in an apartment with approx. 1250 sq ft so I don't think i'm leaving my range all of a sudden.

0 Likes