Terrible Customer Service Experiences and
cmw4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Things added to my order I knew nothing about.

I spoke with someone last night., after being on hold for over 20 minutes. We decided to upgraded my modem.

Today I see there is an appointment scheduled later this week for VOICE.

I have not idea what this is,

I was chatting with someone who  was useless, (tech) given to someone in  billing who disconnected me,  This is after an hour.

I have tried to call but have no idea how to navigate the prompts. But did get thru to someone who had no clue.

I chatted again with someone who then called me and transferred me to someone in billing (I guess they also extended my contract)    I could barely here him and I gave him the answers, but he said I was wrong.

Well, little mr verizon, I have tried to cancel the appointment and you can blame Alex in FL for one for not doing his job.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Terrible Customer Service Experiences and
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cmw, As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cmw,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cmw, As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes
tkr2

For the last 3 months, my DSL service has been intermittent or not working at all. I've reached out to Verizon customer service over and over and just recently received help. My issue was the DSL upload/download speed, it appears that my account had been tested and set to minimal speed instead of the 3GB I've been paying for, for years.  I'm dissappointed that Verizon didn't think it necessary to send a better modem and a technician until after 3 months of issues, while still accepting and expecting payment in full. I depend on my DSL service for work and my children depend on it for college. I'm a long time customer. I don't understand what Verizon is doing but this is not the way to treat loyal clients. My services have become indequate, wireless and DSL.  I'm very dissappointed.  And by the way, I'm also a Verizon Business client, so I expected better support and loyalty.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tkr wrote:

For the last 3 months, my DSL service has been intermittent or not working at all. I've reached out to Verizon customer service over and over and just recently received help. My issue was the DSL upload/download speed, it appears that my account had been tested and set to minimal speed instead of the 3GB I've been paying for, for years.  I'm dissappointed that Verizon didn't think it necessary to send a better modem and a technician until after 3 months of issues, while still accepting and expecting payment in full. I depend on my DSL service for work and my children depend on it for college. I'm a long time customer. I don't understand what Verizon is doing but this is not the way to treat loyal clients. My services have become indequate, wireless and DSL.  I'm very dissappointed.  And by the way, I'm also a Verizon Business client, so I expected better support and loyalty.

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service Experiences and ripping me off!!!
tpop1

Im not kidding - I spent 12 days, 12 MISSED WORK DAYS !! with Verizon in my house - original install was Aug 28th - they were a no show no notification- OVER THE COURSE OF 3 WEEKS They replaced 3 routers SPENT 21K IN EQUIPMENT FIXES (per tech)had five different service techs and 3 field service managers - they promised that I would get credit / no service fee for September - for the hell they put me thru - sure as heck they billed me for all of September - was not fully operational till the 3rd week in September - AND VERIZON IS NOT BUDGING ON THE BILLING ISSUE - THE FIOS THAT WAS PROMISED IS BEYOND UNRELIABLE -customer service rep hung up on me as son as I said if we cant get this resolved I will have to take it to small claims court.. After I file a complaint with the P.U.C.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service Experiences and ripping me off!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes