To Verizon moderator/agent DSL speed issues
HalWyngate

Verizon Moderator/Agent-

My modem was replaced with a new Actiontec (same model) about a month ago because I was having repeated issues with my DSL speed.

I am subscribed to 3 mbps service, but because of my distance from the central office, typically get 2.8 mbps.  For years I have had this speed without substanial issues.

In the last three months this has changed completely.  At first I was having to call your Asian tech support agents every 2 weeks too get my speed reset, which they could do in about 5 minutes once we dispensed with the "check your equipment" routine.

Verizon field techs have come out many times in the last month and they have found faults and issues with the Verizon lines that connect me to the CO.  As of yesterday, the Verizon techs say that the lines are fixed.

DSL speed this AM remains at 1.5 mbps or less.

Remote Asian tech support has reset speed at least 6 times in the last 2 weeks to 2.8 mbps (normal).

Resets used to last about 12-14 days before I had to call to get reset.  Now speed declines in less than 48 hours.  Now 24 hours after reset speed is down to 2.3 mbps, and after 48 hours total is down to 1.5 mbps.

This issue is clearly with the Verizon CO or Servers.  The speed tests clearly show that the Verizon system is cutting my speed back in a regular pattern after being reset.

Please help me solve this solve this reoccuring problem with Verizon’s DSL.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: To Verizon moderator/agent DSL speed issues
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: To Verizon moderator/agent DSL speed issues
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes