Tranfer Email from one DSL account to another????
sachems

I am moving out of my primary residence and have a 6 week lag before I can move into my new home.  I want to transfer my email to my secondary residence that also has DSL service in my husband's name so I will not have interruption in email service.  Tech support says this is impossible.  Is this true?  If so, it might be the tipping point for me to drop Verizon service at my new primary residence.  Giving Verizon one last chance.

0 Likes
Re: Tranfer Email from one DSL account to another????
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@sachems wrote:

... I want to transfer my email to my secondary residence that also has DSL service in my husband's name so I will not have interruption in email service.  Tech support says this is impossible.  Is this true?  If so, it might be the tipping point for me to drop Verizon service at my new primary residence ..

If VZ technical support suggests they cannot do it, I'm inclined to agree.  However there may be a way out.

One method is to set up a secondary email account at the new residence (under the existing DSL account), and simply forward all email to that address.  Usually the forwarding will last long enough following cancellation of the current account to allow notification of your existing email correspondents.  Otherwise you will probably not be able to use your old email address at the new residence for some time, if at all.

Another is to establish an online email system as discussed here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Keeping-verizon-net-email-and-alias/m-p/583241#M12655

Unless you plan to move from house to house and hope to transfer your existing email address (along with your furniture) on a regular basis, the fact that this cannot be done in any practical manner by Verizon seems an unconvincing reason to abandon your carrier (assuming you're satisfied with the service).