Trying to connect my Nintendo DS XL to my network HELP!
geeshijo

Have entered the WEP key over and over and the little connection indicator on my DS goes green for a while then says there's a connection error.  The funny thing is that the Nintendo Shop function works just fine.  It connects and I can browse the DSWare available.  I have Professor Layton - The Last Spector and I want to download the weekly puzzle.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to connect my Nintendo DS XL to my network HELP!
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
Re: Trying to connect my Nintendo DS XL to my network HELP!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you're connecting correctly with the ESSID and WEP then it's a possibility that the DS doesn't like the wifi channel that you're on.  

The below instructions are for Verizon Branded Firmware, if you aren't seeing what I am describing, then try to give us the model number, and we can get more specific. 

============================

You can change the wifi channel in the router.  Log in at http://192.168.1.1 and use the user name of 'admin'  and the password is the serial number of your router (under the upc bar code on your router, and it is case sensitive - in some area's it's still password or password1)

Onec you're in, click on wireless settings at the top, then after that, basic security on the left, and then i believe it's option number 3 for channels.  change it from auto to 11.    put the check box for keep settings after reboot and apply. 

Test it by trying to connect. 

If it still doesn't like it, try channel 6 and test it.  If it doesn't like that, try channel 1 and test it.    It should like one of those.   

0 Likes