Unable to relocate DSL dry loop service
aquapop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have to move to a new house one block away, but over the phone, Verizon customer service tells me that I cannot simply relocate my service.  I have to request a disconnect of existing service and apply for new service at the new house, as if I'm a first time customer.  He started asking for SSN and DOB over the phone just like a new customer.  That's not the biggest problem.  The real problem is I will only be in the new house for a few months before I have to move again.  I don't want to be stuck with a contract, just because I'm trying to do a simple relocate.

Why does this process have to be so convoluted? 

Why do I need to supply personal info, as if Verizon doesn't already have an account for me?

-Jason

0 Likes
Re: Unable to relocate DSL dry loop service
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

I sent you a PM to gather more information so that we may assist you further.

Thank you,

Adam H.

0 Likes
aquapop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I only filled out the mentioned form today, because I thought the problem was solved.

Here's why:

After I posted my original message, I called back to Customer Service.  After spending a marathon 1.5 hours on the phone, the lady promised me that everything was handled the best way possible.

She affirmed the only solution was to initiate new service, which I did.  She also put in a disconnect order for the old location.

Well, guess what?  Today was the day the new service was supposed to be turned on, but it never happened.  I called back to customer service around 4pm, and incredibly, the only order in the system was the disconnect for the old service!

One and a half hours on the phone, and all I got was a lousy disconnect order.  Verizon, why do you torture me so?

I was nice to the new lady on the phone, because I know better than to blame an individual employee for systemic problems; it wasn't her fault.  Still, the earliest she can get the new service installed is Wed of next week.  I explained that I was already promised service as of today, and endured a painfully long phone call to get that promise, but she has no way to put in an expedite order.

Too much pain, too much pain.  To add insult to injury, she says the new house can only get 3Mbs service, even though it's literally a block away in the same subdivision.  Ugh.

"A Verizon Customer on a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of Verizon Customer Service.  A customer who apparently does not exist.  A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless.  In a world of customer service that operates beyond logic."  😉

Trying to keep my sense of humor, but I am pretty darn frustrated.

-Jason

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Jason,

I received your information and will review to see what we can do to assist you expediently.  I will reach out to you via PM to discuss.

Thanks,

Adam H.

0 Likes
Mike_Lynch

I am a Verizon "Land Line" telephone Customer.

My home is too far from the CO for DSL.

Verizon installed the FIOS Cable behind the homes in my neighborhood and then abandon offering the Service.

Several years ago, perhaps 10, I had an "extension" of my Telephone Service at a Storage Facility where I rented a Bin.

At this Storage Facility, the telephone I had would ring if a call came in to my Home and vise versa.

Because both my Home and the Storage Facility were serviced from the same CO, I had DSL available at the Storage Facility.

This was possible because the Storage Facility was closer to the CO than my home.

The Phone and the DSL at the Storage Facility worked great.

The Phone at my home worked great also.

After about five years or so, I discontinued the Phone and DSL at the Storage Facility.

Now, I want it back BUT here is the problem, no one at Verizon Customer Service knows what I am talking about.

I must not be using the correct terms but they say it doesn't exist.

Is this true?

If not, what can I Order to regain this Service?

Best regards,

Mike Lynch

0 Likes