Up my dsl speed or put Fios into my town. 12 year+ Dsl customer.
Tennistoad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dislike Comcast and do not want to go to them for service... But come on Throw me a bone here.  I'm 1 mile from the c.o. and my office in Haverhill is only capable of 3mbps service but my line is capable of 8mbps+ and there are no plans to move fios into Haverhill Ma in the future. I've lived with the 3mbs for 7 years in Haverhill and 5 years prior when I lived in Newburyport Ma.

I don't want to move my Service from Ma-Bell but Help me out. I'd like to be able to stream some netflix or actually update some software without leaving my computer on all night. Don't even get me started on when the kids are wanting to game and youtube at the same time.

Re: Up my dsl speed or put Fios into my town. 12 year+ Dsl customer.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ash Verizon what kind of equipment they have installed in your Central Office. If you've had 3Mbps for 7 years, it is most certainly time for an upgrade. The days of the old Fujitsu DSLAMs are over. There should be some nice Alcatel or Adtran gear in the CO these days.

Tennistoad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hav has Alcatels... But no one will open it up past 3mbps.  I can run a test set to 9mbps on my line.... 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since we've established some Alcatels, do you know what model numbers or types are in use? If the problem isn't with the DSLAM I'd place good bets on the CO not being marked as able to sell more than 3Mbps (even if it did in hte past) or they are just not wanting to push speeds any higher due to the local competition. If your CO is one of those mini-COs that appear within enclosed, minature buildings it could be possible they're clasifying that as a remote rather than as an extension to the CO.

swingle54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you,Comcast is bad,Verizon is getting bad,what choice do we have,

0 Likes