Upgrade to High Speed Internet Enhanced : Not working
aggies4mguindy

I recently upgraded my internet connection to High Speed Internet Enhanced (7.1 Mbps to 15 Mbps) from my old plan which had a speed of 1Mbps to 3.1Mbps. The order status indicates that the service has been activated. But still I am experiencing only the old speed (approx 2.5 Mbps only). Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to High Speed Internet Enhanced : Not working
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you post your modem's Transceiver Statistics for us? If you don't know how to get them, finding your modem make and model and posting it up will help us help you get them.

One key thing to lay out on the table, if it isn't a stats issue it's possible 3Mbps/768kbps is your max speed due to your line coming from a Remote Terminal or DSLAM rather than the CO itself. Remotes are currently capped at 3Mbps, with the exception of a few meant to act as Mini-COs due to the lack of capacity going to them, and especially due to some of them being quite old. This is something for a person with the right level of access to the network or your account to find out. I've got someone who will check and turn up the speed if possible but we need to see the stats first.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to High Speed Internet Enhanced : Not working
aggies4mguindy

I contacted verizon tech support. They said that they cannot provide 7.1 Mbps in my area. Not sure why they accepted my upgrade request if they cannot provide the service. Waste of time and money. I'm moving to suddenlink.

0 Likes