VOIP- i need port help- can't seem to make anyone in customer service understand.
robinluch

I was sent a VOIP phone form my office- I work remotely.

I set it up based on the directions they gave and have run into an issue of no sound.  My office tech people told me to call verison and explain ( heavy sigh)

The last tech person jusy asked me if VOIP was  file sharing ?  REally?

Wondering if any of you can help me?

This is what the tech peole at work sent me.

****************************************************************************************************************

For the people having issues with no audio on their phones when they  take them home.

They will need to call the internet service providers and explain to tech support that they have brought VOIP/SIP phones from work home and that they will register with server at the office, but have no audio. If the service provider needs more info than that (AT&T got me up and running at my house with that alone) but if they need more info here it is

The following ports should be opened/ pointed to 68.143.138.11

5060 UDP and TCP

2088 UDP

8081 TCP

15,000-15,511 UDP

If the router in question has a option called SIPALG it needs to be turned OFF

NAT needs to be 1-to-1,  or consistent

Different routers are set up in different ways, but your service providers should be able to do this for you all.

0 Likes
Re: VOIP- i need port help- can't seem to make anyone in customer service understand.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What modem/router were you given by Verizon? Do you also have a router supplied either by you or your company connected to the equipment Verizon supplied?

0 Likes