Varying Wireless Network Connection Speed
Machiavelli1527
Enthusiast - Level 2

Connection constanttly varying from 54 Mbps to 48 to 36 to 24 to 48 to 24 to 36 to.......why? 

0 Likes
Re: Varying Wireless Network Connection Speed
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I used Google to look the subject line.

Besides it pointed to this thread.

It also pointed to a place where someone got the answer.

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/674972-extreme-drop-wireless-connection-speed.html

Quick quote

The most logical choice is wireless interference. Someone just installed a new wireless network or 2.4ghz wireless phone in your area. Try changing the channel on the router.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless G networks are more prone to interference and noise from other networks and sources than the older B networks are. What you're seeing is due to Interference, or a weak signal to begin with, either from the computer to the router or from the router to the computer. Use InSSIDer on a wirelessly connected PC to scan for networks in your area and where they are operating. From there, choose the least-used channel that you find and set your router to run on that channel. Channels 1, 6, or 11 are the best.

0 Likes
elliya
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its happening due to the varying in speed. You must contact with your service provider regarding this issue. And tell him the complete description about your package. I have the similar problem a six month ago. I contact the service with the complete description. They resolved me issue. Its mainl happen due to signal problem. 

0 Likes