Verizon DSL Frustration 4 years Running
DSLproblem4yrs

Once again I had a verizon DSL technician to my home (3 times in the last two months) and they have no answers and can't seem to fix the problems with my DSL. Same old story (1) Connectivity drops in/out constantly, (2) slow speed eventhough I pay for the maximum available for my area, (3) downloading files is next to impossible. etc.....

The last technician told me Monday that I'am basically screwed. He gave some excuse that I'am to far "from the from" and I will never get a reliable connection. Then he tells me to order a new modem from Verizon to replace my exisiting modem (I just got my current modem a few months ago) which is the same comment I got before. Why would he tell me to replace the modem again if I'am screwed!

At this point I don't know what else to do. There are no other options available to me other than satellite internet (no cable internet). I can't express in words how I depise verizons poor customer support and robotic customer support call centers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL Frustration 4 years Running
masho95
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have the same issue with 2 different modems then switching to a third isn't going to fix the issue. Could you post the tranceiver statistics from the modem? How to get them varies from modem to modem but can generally be found by starting by entering 192.168.1.1 into a web brower. The username/password is usually admin and password or admin and admin if it was changed. 

When the connection drops out have you noticed what lights on the modem go out? DSL and Internet or just the Internet? If you haven't noticed watch the next time you lose your connection.

You state that you are having slow speeds, about how slow are they? http://my.verizon.com/micro/speedtest/broadband/ will show you actually numbers you can post back here.

Re: Verizon DSL Frustration 4 years Running
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seconded the need for Transceiver Statistics. Satellite and Wireless-based services are horrid as it is and a partially working DSL connection is better than either one of the alternatives that could be gotten. Let's see what we can do to get your disconnects resolved and also the speed bumped to where it should be.

0 Likes