Verizon DSL Upgrade to 1.1-3
Str8Creepin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm very happy with my current .5-1mbps DSL service, but I'm interested in upgrading to the 1.1-3mbps plan. I've tested at various sites and get just about the same reading as I did from the Verizon speed test page which is as follows:

[UPLOAD] running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 380.68Kb/s
[DOWNLOAD] running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 1.00Mb/s 

I've recently began playing xbox live on this internet, and the game play is more than sufficient. I generally get thrown into the <75ms games in which I have 3 green bars and and the latency is nearly non existent. However, a tip to current and future gamers, if you forward the correct ports and enable DMZ hosting for your xbox,  your experience online will be GREATLY improved. The XBox Live website will provide your with the necessary ports.

I'm not sure how close I am to my substation, but I'm maxing out my speed at 1 Mb/s. I know that upgrading your speed will not always have a positive effect if you aren't receiving your maximum d/l speed to begin with. With that being said, since I am receiving the max, would it then be reasonable to assume that my speed will indeed increase with the upgrade. Also, is there a way you could have your line tested for your maximum speed, and match it to the nearest Verizon HSI plan?

I may very well have answered my own questions but any input will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon DSL Upgrade to 1.1-3
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two packages, yes. The one you're on now, and the "Whatever we set it to" package. Ideally the higher up package will be set to a highest speed the line can be set to without issues, but there's always the factors of Remote Terminals, Oversold COs, or just what they will sell in the area.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Please post your Transceiver Status from your modem.

#2 If you don't know how to get them:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a seperate router: What is the brand and model of it?

Str8Creepin
Enthusiast - Level 2
Line Mode ADSL_2plus
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)1181445
Margin (dB)34.126.0
Line Attenuation (dB)37.516.1
Transmit Power (dBm)20.612.3
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try connecting your modem to the NID?

Points to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like if you go to the next plan up you'll get 7.1Mbps/768kbps without an issue. 10Mbps/1Mbps might also slide with keeping FastPath in the mix.

0 Likes
Str8Creepin
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Smith6612 wrote:

Looks like if you go to the next plan up you'll get 7.1Mbps/768kbps without an issue. 10Mbps/1Mbps might also slide with keeping FastPath in the mix.

Cool, thanks! I'm a little confused now, I was looking at the plans verizon lists on their website, and I only see two options. .5-1mbps which i currently have, and the next plan lists several speeds. Is there only two plans, and the next plan up provides you with whatever speed your line can handle? Is there a price increase from 1.1-3mbps to 3.1-7mbps and another increase for 7.1-15mbps. On the website it just list a single price for those 3 speeds. If you can help thanks, if not no biggie, I'll just call in.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two packages, yes. The one you're on now, and the "Whatever we set it to" package. Ideally the higher up package will be set to a highest speed the line can be set to without issues, but there's always the factors of Remote Terminals, Oversold COs, or just what they will sell in the area.

Str8Creepin
Enthusiast - Level 2

That sums up my question, thanks

I really apreciate your help DSLr and Smith, you guys are great.

bharatdoshi091

what if i upgrade my highspeed internet to 1mbps to 3mps its gonnna be same cost or more email me back as soon as possible thank you i real wanna upgrade my plan 1 mbps it to slow email me ASAP

thank you

bharat doshi

0 Likes