Verizon DSL Very Slow In The Morning Before 8AM And In The Evenings
kentislandgal

My frustration level has just about maxed out.  The DSL service in the evening & in the morning is sooo slow.  I work from a home office so I know this is not just an occasional thing - -it's like clockwork - don't attempt to get on line until after 8AM or after 6PM.  This happens whether you are accessign the internet from a wireless laptop or a direct connected desktop.  I never had this problem with cable.  I have contacted support and have tried all their suggestions and I don't see an improvement at all.  Almost all of our computers are under 2 years old so it's not the age of the computer.  Very frustrating.  There are 2 of us that have home offices here and one college student so not having access in the evening or early morning is really inconvenient.

If I had Comcast where I lived I would go back to them in a heart beat.  I love my DISH Network so I don't want to go back to Atlantic Broad Band just to get my cable.

Using a Westell 7500 on Windows XP Operating Sytem

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL Very Slow In The Morning Before 8AM And In The Evenings
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 UPnP in the router is turned off?

I am not sure where this setting is, since I do not have this router.. But I can guess.

In the the Advanced area?

The guess is based upon these two guides:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WR/1st_SMTP_Server.htm

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WRv2/1st_SMTP_Server.htm

#2 Since this is a wireless router, are you using any sort of Wireless Security?

This may be in: Wireless Setup or in Wireless Settings?

Like... WEP/WPA

?

#3 Post your modem status.

I do not where this is, but if I were looking for it..

... I would guess in the system monitoring area.
0 Likes
AmAzePhotos
I have had this problem with Verizon for a very long time and their tech support is from the Philapines and very unhelpful!!! my internet complety went out yesterday not just slow and i finally had it with verizon i have to cancel i do not have internet more than i do!!! and Slowe DSL is worse than dial up?? Verizonn needs to get their stuff together they are losing tons of customers because of their bad service i don't know anyone with verizon anymore
0 Likes
kentislandgal

UPnP in the router is on

I have wireless security through verizon this weekend but just installed it and I've had this problem for months - actually every since I've had it

Modem stats:

When its slow:  34 mbps

48 mps

54 mbps

I couldn't even use it last night -- ridiculous.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Turn off UPnP in the router.

#2 What level of wireless security are you using?
0 Likes