Verizon DSL speed drop and constant re-connects
winter208
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was recently having constant (10 times?) dropped internet connection during the day.  After the standard several hour discussions with Bangalore, I was sent a new modem. Now, I connect at 4.5 download speed instead of 5.2- 5.7. Further, this modem (Dlink) seems to automatically reconnect when I lose connectivity. Nice... but does not fix my problem. I got back on with Bangalore (yea, not happy with this) and they told me that 4.5 is what I am paying for. Well, this is a monopoly. I am fatigued from getting ticket numbers that the next day are automatically closed out. My internet service is pretty cheap compared to Comcast. But now, it no longer works correctly. I have a contract. I am just ranting a bit. Anyone else suffering like this? Lemme know. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL speed drop and constant re-connects
WF222

I am also having connection issues with my DSL. When I use my home phone to make or  if I receive a call, my DSL connection drops. It mostly happens in the afternoon time. Called customer service last week and after some troubleshooting I was told to change the phone line filter. This solution worked for a day. I am tired of rebooting the modem a few times a day and spending time on the phone with CS. I have had similar issues in the past and it has always been with problems on the external phone wires on the street poles. I am also thinking of going to Comcast just for their internet service since I need internet service that is reliable more than I need faster speed. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a bummer the newer D-Link modems as of right now don't have a known way of getting the Transceiver/DSL Line statistics from them. Right now it's up to Verizon to get those statistics and present them to the customer or to use their best judgement on them. If you have an older modem sitting around that can display the Transceiver Statistics, it would be nice to see them.

While you're at it, certainly double check all of your filters. Make sure they are not installed backwards or are otherwise not installed on devices that are attached to the phone line. Alarm panels and Satellite Receivers need to be filtered too. PA systems as well.

0 Likes
Kyri
Yeah, clever how Verizon has customized the router interface so you can't access all of the information. Scary being at their mercy.
0 Likes