Verizon DSL to Home Fusion Contract Question
HiFox23

Good Evening,

I'm looking at switching my Verizon DSL service to Verizon Home Fusion. Will Verizon allow me to terminate my DSL contract early as long as I continue to stay with Verizon, considering I will be using Home Fusion? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL to Home Fusion Contract Question
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wouldn't know the answer to be exact. I also don't know if Verizon Wireless and Verizon HSI are considered services from two separate companies, now that Verizon took over Vodafone's stake of Verizon Wireless. There's always the possibility that Verizon Wireless will buy out your ETF if you decide to go with them; many companies do that.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering what the reason for moving to HomeFusion is. Faster speeds? Reliability? The reason I ask is, HomeFusion gets expensive in data-hungry households (you're paying for a mobile phone plan, with 30GB being $120/m, with $10/GB overages), and if LTE service is iffy in your area, service may also be iffy.

I suppose a plus is, if Verizon ever decides to start Throttling services, they can't do so on 700Mhz C-Band LTE. That'd get the FCC storming down on them 🙂

EDIT: I read through your post history, and saw you were having some problems with getting DSL service from Verizon. Did this ever happen?

0 Likes
HiFox23
I did get service, Verizon was very helpful through private messages. However, the service is poor. I constantly drop Wi-Fi connection and Xbox Live or streaming video ( SD or HD) is out of the question. DSL service has rendered Xbox, Roku, AppleTV, DirecTV on demand completely useless. It's frustrating for the amount I pay. I'd rather pay more for better service. I'm not sure yet though..
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@HiFox23 wrote:
I did get service, Verizon was very helpful through private messages. However, the service is poor. I constantly drop Wi-Fi connection and Xbox Live or streaming video ( SD or HD) is out of the question. DSL service has rendered Xbox, Roku, AppleTV, DirecTV on demand completely useless. It's frustrating for the amount I pay. I'd rather pay more for better service. I'm not sure yet though..

On that note, what speed do you currently pay for? There's two packages: HSI Standard, and HSI Enhanced.

For the drop-out issues, are the drop-outs occurring even while on a Wired connection to the modem? That's going to be essential to proving whether the problem is with your DSL connection or just with the Wireless.

A speed test would be wonderful, too!

The reason why I'm asking about all of this, is because I'd rather get the DSL working at it's peak rather than poorly. Once you start throwing video (especially HD) streaming, or large game downloads / patches (they get bigger every year!) at a HomeFusion connection, the data's going to start racking up. Assuming you get the 30GB/m package, and HomeFusion is certainly going to be fast enough for HD, your $120/m bill will start getting $10 bills added onto it for every Gigabyte over the monthly limit. This all depends on how much you're going to use the service, but I'm just pointing this out. Don't subject yourself to that if you don't have to. A cheap DSL connection could get you 300GB-1TB each month, limited only by the speed.

0 Likes