Verizon Installation Issue
thechamp1

Hi,
I had verizon fios installation pre-work done on Tuesday 21st. The pre-work was to get a line to my house from stree. Before the pre-work, I called the installer from EDS, {edited for privacy}, to make sure I am present before they can attempt any work on my property. He igonred me and came to do the pre-work on Tuesday 21st. This was done without my authorization.
When I came home in the evening, I saw the road was cut, portion of my yard was destroyed, and worst, there was a wire cut that powers light in the front of the house. There was no-one home that day above 18 to give installer consent to perform the work. The work was performed illegally without my authorization. It was a trespassing on my property.
I called Verizon the same evening on Tuesday 21st and told them about the incident. I told them the following:
1. The work was done illegally without my authorization.
2. The work quality was shoddy.
3. There were three issues with the work
a. First issue is that the pre-work people cut an electric wire, and that there is a live electric wire on my property. This is an extremely dangerous situation and something needs to done right away.
b. Second issue is that the landscape and walkway was destroyed and that it needed to be fixed.
c. The road repair done was much below the expected quality and  that this should be fixed.

The CSR told me that I should expect a call from construction manager within 24-48 hours.

I waited for 48 hours for the call and no-one called me. I called verizon back again on Thursday 23rd May. I raised the concern that there is a live wire on my property that needs to be fixed. Also, I reported that after two days of rain, the road that was reparied has started deteriorating. I told them that the live electrical wire is a huge concern, given it is raining and that it needs to be taken care of right away. I gave them an option for me to get the repair done and get a reimbursement from verizon later. I was not given an approval on that. I was told that I should expect a call within 24 hours.

I waited for 24 hours and didn't get a call.I called verizon back again on Friday 24th May. I told them that no one called and I raised the concern that there is a live wire on my property that needs to be fixed. I told them that the live electrical wire is a huge concern, given it is raining and that it needs to be taken care of right away. I gave them an option for me to get the repair done and get a reimbursement from verizon later. I was not given an approval on that. I was told that I should expect a call within 24 hours.

I waited for 24 hours and didn't get a call.I called verizon back again on Saturday 25th May. I told them that no one called and I raised the concern that there is a live wire on my property that needs to be fixed. I was very upset Verizon didn't do anything about this. I told them that it is creating an unsafe situation in my house. I spoke with someone from Billing Department, Shikira, and she connected me to Tech support. I spoke first with Benjamin. Benjamin tried contacting DRC but he couldn't. I demanded to speak with a supervisor. He connected me with Wayne. I told Wayne what was going on and he felt that the live electric wire shouldn't be an issue and he thought it was okay to live in a house with a live wire hanging. He didn't feel that it presented any unsafe conditions. He told me that he made a remark on the file, but he wouldn't do (or wasn't able to ) anyhing beyond. I kept on insisting that live electric wire is a huge concern and people can get electrocuted. I told him that this is an extermely dangerous situsation given it has been raining for past 4 days. He brushed off the concern. He got upset with me later on that I was being childish brining in concerns.

At this point, I have live elctrical wires open on my property. If someone steps on it, there is a possibility of someone getting electrocuted. I gave an option to Wayne if I can get this fixed. He said I can not and that Verizon will need to look at it before anything can be done. He said very clearly that it doesn't matter if the property has live wire and that it doesn't present any unsafe condition.

Now I don't know what to do? He just said to wait and I said I have been waiting and he said just continue waiting.

Please let me know how this situation can be resolved. I need to get the electric wire fixed. I feel that this is an extremely dangerous situation and should be looked at ASAP.

I would appreciate a response in this matter.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Installation Issue
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Installation Issue
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello thechamp,

We have not received any communication from you in some time. Hopefully you were able to achieve resolution. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to make a new post.

Thank you,

-Josh S

0 Likes