Verizon Modem ethernet port fried after thunderstorm?
iLorenzo

This happened today on 6/22/12 Brooklyn NY. When it was rainning outside and heard lightening, I immediatly shut off my computer and turned off the power switch of a power protector. Serveral mintues later the storm stopped and resumed back to my computer. However I found my internet connection not working. I noticed my ethernet light of the modem was gone. As a result I tried other ports and found out only 2 works, and 2 fried. I've had this modem (model 327W) for some time I assume the warrenty expired. Regardless of that, what should I do? Keep using this modem till the other two port is fried as well? or call to see if they'll replace the modem?

Shorten version 

- Thunderstormed occured, fried 2 of modem's ethernet port. Keep modem untill other 2 port break? Or call to see if they replace . 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Modem ethernet port fried after thunderstorm?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Modem ethernet port fried after thunderstorm?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd retire it as a spare for testing or for backup. If it was in fact damaged by lightning it probably won't be living for much longer if it remains in full service (but yet again, switch failure has also been known to be common to 327ws lately due to how old they are). But it's up to you. If it seems to be working fine, keep using it until it does get up and die and once it does, have a spare around to immediately put into service.

0 Likes