Verizon Your Domain
Ellis
I was on the webmail, I saw an ad for personal websites.  It said that I could have a website with my own domain name for about $20/yr.  Has anybody else seen this?  If so, has anybody tried this service? Is it worth it?
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Your Domain
HelpDesk
Enthusiast - Level 3
What is Verizon domain??  “Verizon Your Domain” is a service that enables consumer or business customers to link a set of personalized and permanent email addresses (for example, you@yourname.com) to their existing verizon.net email addresses.         Features     ·        With “Verizon Your Domain,” customers can keep their linked Verizon email accounts, even after they have disconnected. ·         VASIP open model product and can be ordered only online at http://surround.verizon.net/shop  ·         Verizon Tech Support provides email support for ACTIVE customers who have a “Verizon Your Domain” email address.  ·         Nine custom e-mail addresses (you@youname.com) with up to 4GB of email storage ·         Provides registration for a Website (for example www.verizonfamily.com) and the easy to use Site builder        

What is linking??  When customers purchase a domain (eg. verizonfamily.com)  the username@verizonfamily.com email address automatically gets linked to username@verizon.net – and both accounts remain useable as long as the customer pays for the service. 

Price  

Ø  Verizon Your Domain” currently costs $19.95 per year only    Process:-   ·         All billing questions related to Verizon Your Domain and all questions about creating or hosting the customer’s Website should be transferred to Hostway at 866-423-2530.·         Verizon Tech Support provides email support for customers who have a “Verizon Your Domain” email address.  ·         Customers with a “Verizon Your Domain” email address who have DISCONNECTED their account can get online help with email questions at http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Email  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Your Domain
kilowatt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have owned my own personal domain for the past 15 years now and I pay Verisign (Network Solutions) $140.00 every five years.  That calculates out to $28.00-a-year so Verizon is selling domain names cheaper than Verisign.

If you want to purchase your own domain name from Verizon, the telephone number to call is:  877-988-3775. 

0 Likes