Verizon refuses to disable ASSIA on my dsl line
blu221
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past 8 months I've had problems with the internet speed lowering, so once a month I've had to call Verizon tech to trouble shoot and reset my line. Same thing for months! Anyway, this past week they sent a tech out to check my lines, and as usual, nothing is wrong (they've come out many times). So...they decide to send out yet another Actiontec GT784WNV, my current one is only 3 months old, the previous one was barely a year old! They keep saying it's the modems! And the thing is tech has actually said they see nothing wrong with my modem, then I get transferred to someone else saying it is the modem! It just goes around and around.

I've spent hours upon hours talking with tech and there's never a solution. I came here to the forums looking for anything that might help... I came across a few posts regarding ASSIA, that's the program that Verizon uses to "optimize" the dsl line and it seems that is what might be causing the problem on my line. In the posts about ASSIA people have said to call Verizon and get them to disable ASSIA on the dsl line and to get the speed reset. It looks like the people with my problem that have gotten it disabled has fixed the issue. So, I decide to give it a try, and call Verizon to get it disabled. Nope, they won't do it because it cannot be done. I pointed out that other customers have had it done, still no. Then they gave me another excuse: they WON'T disable it because it's not part of their troubleshooting. They keep escalating the issue (3 times this week alone) but nothing is ever fixed and I never get called back! And when I came across the one thing that might actually fix the problem they refuse to do it!! I even showed the phone tech the pages on the Verizon forum where they are talking about ASSIA and how disabling it has helped (we were on screen sharing) and that was completely ignored. Unbeliveable!

I'm on a dry loop and my line is provisioned for 7 mbs.

So here I am posting this because Verizon phone tech will not help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon refuses to disable ASSIA on my dsl line
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

blu22,

At this point we will be closing the private support case. If you have any other issues pease reach out to us or create a new post .

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

blu22,

At this point we will be closing the private support case. If you have any other issues pease reach out to us or create a new post .

Josh

0 Likes