Verizon seemingly downgrade my DSL plan
Aerc

Background: For maybe 6-8 months, I suffered the slow internet at night time problem everyone seems to suffer here. After 3 calls, the 3rd one being and hour long, my problem was fixed. My internet was perfect throughout the day and night. It was fixed 8 days ago.

Now tonight, I go and download the Diablo 3 beta. I noticed my download speed was only 200 k/**bleep** and my web browsing seemd slow. I found it weird that my download and web browsing were slow dispite barely using my connection. I stopped my download and I checked my internet speed and it was the 15 Mbps. I resumed the download thinking nothing of it. Then a few hours later I go to watch Youtube videos, I set the quality to 720p since my connection can handle it. The video played faster than the video could be downloaded. I ran another test and now I'm getting 3 Mbps. In my router, under connection speed it says "3592 Kbits/sec by 121 Kbits/sec" So my router is being told that is the connection I should be receiving.

Too long didn't read version:

Speed Before :

Speed After:

What my router says: image

0 Likes
Re: Verizon seemingly downgrade my DSL plan
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry to hear about the slow data speeds. I am sending you a private message to get some of your info so that we can look into the problem for you.

Mark

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The speed your router reports is what the physical connection rate is of your connection. For having 15Mbps service, both your downstream and upstream speeds are rediculously low. Unless your line would up getting misprovisioned you might have had or are currently having a problem with the physical copper loop. The speed reported there has nothing to do with the typical peak hour usage unless you're on noisy pairs and people switch their DSL modems off during the day (WHY?).

0 Likes