Very very slow internet connection (modem: westell 327w)
kenh303
hey guys, it's been 2 weeks already and my internet speed is very very slow. i checked my speed at speedtest.net and the speed is like 76kbps. i called customer service many times already but they couldnt fix the the problem, they said they're going to send a technition in about2-3 days but as you see it's been 2 weeks. of course i restarted my modem already but the speed slows down like right after a minute. i live in new york and there's no major rain on the day my internet connection slows down. i'm really tired of calling the customer service...so please help guys. thank you
0 Likes
Re: Very very slow internet connection (modem: westell 327w)
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Since this is a wireless router, you are using some sort of wireless security?

b) If so, what are you using?

#2 You did scan for malware on all of your computers?

#3 While you are not trying to allow users to from the net to connect to you go to

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

and please tell me what 327w guide is the closest to the screens of your router?

0 Likes
kenh303

1. im not sure if im using any wireless security, but i have a desktop thats connected to it with a wire and it's still slow as hell.

2. i have more than 3 computers so i dont think it's a virus

3. i have no idea what you are talking about

Message Edited by kenh303 on 04-03-2009 07:11 PM
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If you are not useing wireless, and have no intention of useing it, I would log into the modem and turn it off. Someone else could be connecting to you router and useing your bandwidth. But not likely that is you problem.

If you are useing wireless then you should log into your modem/router and be sure you have security enabled so nobody can get into you connection.

If Verizon promised someone would come out and fix the issue, they should have given you a service order number for the repair. I would contact them and have them review you account and ask what gives? It is possible that there is a line problem and they should be able to determine that from the central office. Call tech support and insist that the problem be solved. If it requires a technician visit, ask for the order number and date when the repair will be made. Get the repair order number and insist that it be completed.

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-05-2009 11:03 AM
0 Likes