WIFI and Password
shilmajic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know I probably had to set up a password when I set up my DSL account.  My laptop and my printer are both wireless and haven't had a problem using them.  Just bought a Nook and tried to use WiFi and its asking for the password.  I have no idea what it is!  Where can I find it or how can I have it change so I can use WiFi at home with my Nook?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WIFI and Password
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're using a Verizon-provided Wireless router, check the bottom of the router for a sticker containing the WEP key and give that a shot. If it doesn't work, log into the router at http://192.168.1.1/ , visit the Wireless Settings and locate the Wireless Security Settings. You should be able to find your security key in plain text. If need be, you can also change it to another key and/or change the security strength to a stronger level if you wish.

If you need a login for the router, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're using a Verizon-provided Wireless router, check the bottom of the router for a sticker containing the WEP key and give that a shot. If it doesn't work, log into the router at http://192.168.1.1/ , visit the Wireless Settings and locate the Wireless Security Settings. You should be able to find your security key in plain text. If need be, you can also change it to another key and/or change the security strength to a stronger level if you wish.

If you need a login for the router, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

yoly666

I just bought a Kindle and need the password for the WiFi....I have no idea what it is.  Can you help?  thank you...

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same thing applies to your post as to the original post. If the modem does not have a sticker underneath it giving the WEP key, you can log into the modem and view the key it's currently using, or set your own.

0 Likes
pyats357

test to my enail

0 Likes
tdougie

i AM TRYING TO GET ONTO MY OWN WIFI.  THE PASSWORD I AM USING DOES NOT WORK.

CAN i RESET THE PASSWORD?  TRYING TO CONNECT TO WIFI WITH NEW IPAD2

0 Likes
RandyBonner

There is no information on the bottom of the router so how can I find out the WIFI password so I can connect my Kindle?

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

As stated above, log directly into your router.

0 Likes
buck2981

i have a coby tablet and cannot connect to the internet it worked and then a lock came on the wave signal showing no internet connection

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
You can also retrieve yiur wifi settings online at www.verizon.com/repair You need your email and password to get it.
0 Likes