Westell 327w dropping connection
jbacher

We've had the service for 3 years with on and off issues.  Most recently, the wireless connections from our 2 laptops work fine.  However, the wired connections to a printer and X-Box drop their connections, which is especially frustrating for playing games.
  Stats are as follows: 

Transceiver Revision: 01.00.09.00  
Vendor ID Code: 4  
Line Mode: G.DMT Mode  
Data Path: Interleaved  
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 864
Margin (dB) 17.0 13.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 24.0 14.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 16.8 11.1

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327w dropping connection
jbacher
Static ip doesn't work, as the Westell will not alow throughput to the web.  Tried both wired and wireless connections.  Dynamic ip works but wired connection fails after about ten seconds, then tries to reset and begins looping on and off.  Indication to me is that the Westell has gone south.  Any input would be greatly appreciated before I have to call India.
0 Likes
Re: Westell 327w dropping connection
chuckmva

My drop out issues are the reverse.   Ethernet cable connection to the router/modem are solid.    The wireless connections drop out frequently.    I have Windows Vista Ultimate in a Dell Laptop.      Most recently these dropouts have occurred with two specific sites.   Yahoo Messenger and E*trade Pro.        The malady is such that the messenger drops a conference and has to relog in.   The E*trade application gives me message that I have lost contact with the server.    The charts cease to work and other functions disappear as well.  One has to shut it down and begin again.    Some other sites have similar problems, but reconnection is automatic and the only problem is to refresh a given display, like from StockCharts.   

In attempting to work the problem with E*trade I needed to connect the lap top to the ethernet connection on the router and the problems immediately disappeared.   He implied that it was some settings in the router or router security that needed to be changed.    Hi said a recent update to Windows Vista may have caused an incompatibility.   

Anyone have a clue?   

0 Likes