Westell 6100 user guide, port forwarding, and firmware
typer164111

I have a Westell 6100 DSL modem (C90xxxxxx model, the one with a firmware update); it's connected directly to an Airport Base Station via an Ethernet cable (which goes to a Mac Pro via another Ethernet cable, and wirelessly to a Windows laptop).

1) Is there a .pdf user manual for this modem? (I called Westell and they said it was a special model made specifically for Verizon, and that they were not responsible for it.)

2) Is there a user guide to set up port forwarding for this modem?

3) Should I update the firmware via the Windows laptop? I'm a little leery of doing so with a network that also involves Macs.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Westell 6100 user guide, port forwarding, and firmware
homercles82
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not been able to find any documentation for the 6100 models of modems. I believe if you type 192.168.1.1. into your web browser you can access the port forwarding page in there.

default login and password is

admin

password

it may prompt you to change when you login the first time.

I am certain you can update an Airport Base from either Mac or PC.

0 Likes
typer164111

Thanks, in the meantime I had a Verizon tech guy do screen sharing, he said the modem (not the base station) can't be further upgraded (don't ask me why), and he showed me where the port forwarding stuff was. I'd still be interested in a general user manual if anyone can point one out to me, for future reference.

0 Likes
homercles82
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
typer164111

When I go to my model I receive the following message:

This product was specifically designed for Verizon and all support for this product is handled directly by Verizon.

0 Likes
homercles82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Contact Verizon support and ask them for a manual. If it not something readily available on this website then I am not sure what to do next.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
typer164111

I don't have two routers (unless the Airport Base Station counts as one?), and both of your links gave me "invalid FAQ" errors.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@typer164111 wrote:

I don't have two routers (unless the Airport Base Station counts as one?), and both of your links gave me "invalid FAQ" errors.

#1 Ok. sorry about that..

The correct link is http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

#2 Let us find out if your AirBase Station, counts as one one.

I know that you are trying to allow users from the net to connect to you, and I see an Apple router over on a site that I know about.

Points you to http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/1st_SMTP_Server.htm

--

Even if you do not have two routers, that FAQ does have some interesting info..

Over there, they speak of the white and Blue Firmware and the red and black Firmware.

0 Likes
typer164111

Ok thanks that looks like some good info I'll start there.

0 Likes