Westell 7500 EASY Self Installation
Bixbyte
Contributor - Level 1

Easiest router modem to install I have ever seen.

Up and Running in under one hour.

Connect to phone line. Turn on.

Tell my computer's RA-LINK wireless LAN card the name and password written right on the bottom of the unit.

Up and running.

I installed my antique windows 98 computer, my old windows 2000 laptop and my two newer IBM  windows XP laptops to the Westall 7500 instantly.

Then as an experiment I connected the Westell directly to the Verizon Demarcation Box in the basement and fired it up to see the speed difference right off of Verizon's phone line. Runs at 1.4 Meg. I am paying for the 1.1 to 3.0 Meg Verizon Plan. 

So the device works within specs. On my own Phone wires unfortunately the device only runs at .6 Meg.

I will have to splice a line off the demarcation box to straight connect the router.

The Phone line wires in my home are old.

Type: 192.168.1.1 and changed the password.

Easiest installation I have ever did in my life. 

Re: Westell 7500 EASY Self Installation
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear. If you visit http://192.168.1.1/htmlV/transtat.asp , you can obtain the line statistics from the Westell to see how well it is running. You can post them up here to allow us to see them. If you didn't set a Username and Password to the modem, you can try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

0 Likes
Bixbyte
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, I changed my password immediately.

Westell 7500 router - modem is the simplest device I have ever seen. 

I NEED A BETTER TWO WIRE. I was doing 1.4 Meg at the Verizon Box.

My old home wiring is slowing me down.

I'm doing almost a Meg. 

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 992 448
Margin (dB) 5.4 11.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 63.5 31.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 15.6 11.9

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alrighty. See if you can get that re-wiring done soon. If the statistics remain like that, Verizon may turn your speed down until the wiring is corrected (which also takes a few days to "take" as well). Minimum of CAT3 cabling should be used for re-wiring.

0 Likes